Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was at work today, and I found that a friend of mine just bought a (90?) IROC-Z. I thought it was cool, and thought I would go check it out after work. Well all us guys go out and eat at a local mexican food restaurant which is open practically 24/7. I got to the mexican food place early, and thought I would pre-order. I Then hear *VROOM!! VROOM!!* coming from the TPI 305! I look at my partner Tony and say "He's calling me out Tony!! He's calling me out!!!"

So anyway, we finish eating. It's time for all to go home... I jump in my Sable first, and turn it on. I then rev the Sable, ALL DURATEC POWER IS UNLEASHING! Flowmasters are Screaming! and my CAI K&N is ROARING! It wants to be unleashed. He then headed out to his car and said, "OH YEAH!? CHECK THIS OUT!" His unlimited rev was outstanding...lol But the Sable wanted a chance to prove it's self. I then backed out, and he revved it again. I then told all to stand back, and I smoked the tires. The Ventus H405 (HRIIs) were CRYING OUT LOUD as they filled the parking lot with white smoke.

I then take off from the lot and head out to the street leaving my friends behind (other then my partner Tony, which was riding shotgun). I then said, "Tone, I want a piece of that IROC! I think Im going to head back and see if I can catch up to them" So I bust a U-Turn. I find the IROC-Z heading out the direction that I was previously in route. I then flip another U-Turn. I heading out to them, speeding a bit; 55 in a 45. I catch up to them making a left turn. Looks like they are headed for the Freeway. They then pull into a gas station and we talk for a little again.

At this point I wanted to race. Matt then reads my mind and asks me, "Hey you want to race on the freeway?" I then reply, "Rolling starts are cool, sure lets go for it". At this point, I don't know what I got myself into. He finishes pumping gas. The IROC is now running on a full tank, as am I. We leave the gas station, and head out to the freeway. I'm leading the way, and going about 35-40MPH at this point. We get on the freeway, and he's steady in front of me, "it's time"... I then signal "One-Two-!!!Three!!!" and we take off. Steady the Sable hangs on... then....what!?...WHAT!?!? The Sable takes the LEAD! The Sable and IROC-Z are steady, but Sable is pulling slowly!! With the OD off, I am hitting 3rd gear. Roaring down the deserted freeway. we approach 100MPH, I then shift into 4th (turned OD on again) and I pull again. At this point I am 2 cars lengths ahead of the embarrassed Camaro. I merge into the IROC's lane, and proudly turn the Hazard Lights in their "on" position.

Today the Sable did good. I loved the run, it was a great race. Believe it or not, but I have witnesses. :D The Sable did good... so this paycheck, the Sable gets a treat...lol

Edited for Grammar and Spelling errors

Sal

·
Registered
281 Posts
LOL! IROC-Z - the most over-rated sports coupe, ever.

If it was indeed a 1990 with the almighty 350, then while he was blessed with a tire-burning, child-scaring, gut-punching torque of 345Lbs, he was stifled by the race-losing, grandma-laughing, face-blushing 245hp.

At a curb weight of 3450, it's no stripped racer. A solid high -14's car in it's day, due mostly to a very good dig that you could never match on the track. On the highway, though, where he'd be stifling it trying to get through the upper rpm's, I'm not surprised you took him out. My SHO seems to dispatch them easily, and I figured the dura's could as well. Nice job!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
For the Car Club Fest weekend are you going to show us any of this tire smokin' action?

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Even funnier are the TPI 305 powered cars. I beat one in the Crown Vic once. Nice kill Sal!

·
Registered
359 Posts
:notworthy: All hail the Duratec power! Nice job! :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by SHO Continental@Sep 1 2004, 05:12 AM
For the Car Club Fest weekend are you going to show us any of this tire smokin' action?
I might unleash the tires out there... not sure yet. It all depends on surface. LOL

Thanks for all who replied!

Sal

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I now cant wait til I call his g/f (who thinks it woulda kicked my ass) and tell her how I killed it...lol

Sal

·
Registered
170 Posts
man ur stories are awsome for now on u should always bring a video camera with you where ever you go

***this is the voice of god*** "kyles right bring a video camera where ever you go and video tape the Sable!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
LOL I should really invest in one of those...lol I will next time. I'll see how the billz come along.

Sal

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Crazy nice man, good kill you put the mullet wearin fool in his place.

so they may have been heavy and slightly underpowered it doesn't matter when you win

if the curb wgight is really 3450 then he had a few less punds than you so that makes it that much better.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by J Rod@Sep 1 2004, 05:35 PM
Crazy nice man, good kill you put the mullet wearin fool in his place.

so they may have been heavy and slightly underpowered it doesn't matter when you win

if the curb wgight is really 3450 then he had a few less punds than you so that makes it that much better.
less? i thought the sable weighed in around the same as the taurus, around 3330lbs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts