Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale $15,000 NOT NEGOTIABLE

3.4L Vulcan
Polished Jason King Intake manifold with polished SVT 65mm throttle body and polished gt40 45* angle and single stage fogger system
Ported and polished lower intake manifold (inside and out)
Modified stock Hone Extruded Fuel rail with AN fittings
High flow fuel pressure regulator (adjustable)
50# Injectors
Stage 3 Cylinder heads Oversized intake and exhaust valves with 5 angle valve job, porting on intake, bowl, valve seat, and exhaust port
SVO valve springs and titanium retainers
Custom ground solid roller cam
1.73:1 adjustable rocker arms
Re-sleeved block making approximately 15:1 Compression ratio
Forged pistons
Forged Aluminum Rods
Forged crank
Custom windage tray with custom crank scraper

What is needed:
All accessories excluding water pump. This includes ignition system including coil(s), misc. sensors, balancer, flexplate/flywheel. This is a long block only.

This is not a question and answer forum to find out how to build your own. This is a serious sales add. If you want the ultimate Vulcan engine its here. Price is not negotiable, you can come see the engine by appointment ONLY. Please do not flood my email or PM’s with questions. Serious inquires only. This engine is for sale in several other places so please be patient.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Why would you even bother posting this? :rolleyes:

BTW Are you interested in buying a submarine with a screen door? Great newfie invention.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
And where in the hell would someone find gas high enough octane to make it run at 15:1 compression? :huh:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Patrick Norris@May 12 2004, 08:39 PM
Why would you even bother posting this? :rolleyes:

BTW Are you interested in buying a submarine with a screen door? Great newfie invention.
a**h***

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by smc540@May 12 2004, 09:01 PM
Hmm...perhaps you can justify the $15,000 price? Seems a little (very) steep to me.
Try checking prices on RACE engines elsewhere. 15k for an all out complete racing long block is cheap.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by jtkz13@May 12 2004, 09:03 PM
And where in the hell would someone find gas high enough octane to make it run at 15:1 compression? :huh:
I have seen 15:1 engine run on 87. I don't get your issue? I don't think you get the idea that this is an all out race motor.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well, alright, since it is a race engine, what kind of numbers (horsepower/torque) are we talking here? Are we talking about a 700hp race engine, or a 400hp engine that could be used for racing?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Originally posted by smc540@May 12 2004, 09:25 PM
Well, alright, since it is a race engine, what kind of numbers (horsepower/torque) are we talking here? Are we talking about a 700hp race engine, or a 400hp engine that could be used for racing?
I doesn't really matter because fairy tales don't run 1/4 miles.

You can call me all the names you want. And the mods can tell me off but I am still calling BS on you and all your stories.

Maybe you should go visit the Hondah club.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just see the term "Vulcan Race Engine" to be an oxymoron. I love my vulcan and all, and I know all too well about "mad vulcan power", but a race engine based on the vulcan? Just how much horsepower and torque can you squeeze out of a vulcan based engine?

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
<cough> PICS <cough>

I hope you rebuilt a Flex Fuel vulcan because a 15:1 compression ratio engine will not handle 87 octane. Look at most performance engines. My friends dad has an S2000 with 11.1:1 compression ratio and it requires 91 octane. Besides, don't vulcan's already have a problem with knock as they are, and you ram it up to 15:1. :lol:

We must be in the running of the bulls cause I smell a whole lot of :bs:

-mobiuslogic

·
Registered
249 Posts
Alright, well I was just trying to hint that I thought it was BS, but seeing as how everyone else is just coming right out and saying it, i'm going to have to agree, this smells like a big load of BS to me.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
$15k for a motor to put in a...Taurus? LOL

If this motor does exist you'd have better luck selling it to a crazy Probe owner. Most people with Tauruses aren't gonna drop $15k under the hood.

Patrick...pics of screen door?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, I read the other threads so i know why people are saying what they are saying.. but i for one, am curious. I can accept the fact that you built a Vulcan "Race" Engine... but I would need some more info if i was to drop 15,000 USD into a car.. and here is my reasoning:

1. Marana has a custom Stroker engine pushing 260+Hp without a blower or Turbo on the Morana v6 homepage... its $4600... another couple grand for supercharging and bingo 300+ Hp no problems.. (less than half what yours cost)

2. I posted a thread here.. (albeit a repeat apperenty of an ebay sale of a BEAUTIFUL Supercharged Taurus pushing over 400 Hp COMPLETE! for 10 Grand.

Therefore.. besides the work detail that you have provided i believe that for someone insane enough to spend that kind of money on JUST an engine... UNLESS someone was going to actualy RACE it.. with sponsors (preferrably FORD!! LOL) You would need to provide some more solid statistics and/or information.

Thanks
(Somewhat insane canadian with a taurus)
Bill

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I'm calling BS too...

You can get a long block 426 Hemi or 427 Side Oiler for 15 grand. Race prepped. And I find it Extremely, let me re-iterate, EXTREMELY hard to believe that you could get the compression ratio on a Vulcan block casting. You blow the walls of the cylinders apart...I think you meant 10.5:1.

JR

·
Registered
111 Posts
BS. I want to see build pictures. I want to see Dynocharts. I want to see VIDEOS of the engine in action.
15k for a Vulcan engine is about 4 times what it should be.
For 15K I can get a Badass Race Engines 351W Street Warrior engine AND a C6 trans to go along with it, which would make twice the power and triple the torque on 87 octane.
For 15K I can get a Risse Motorsports 2.4 CIH, which makes about 280 hp WITH A CARBURATOR! AND the complete driveline, AND the 1972 Opel GT to wrap around it.
For 15K, I could get a 1987 P71 Interceptor, and drop in a supercharged 5.0, beefed tranny, and get a pretty good paint job.
For 15K, I can buy the 1998 SHO we just got in on our lot, get the cams welded, supercharge it, pipe it, snorkle it, and repaint it, AND have enough loot left over to take my bride to be out to dinner and a movie for a month.

EDIT
P.S.
If anyone is interested in buying the SHO I mentioned above, give me a call at (703) 218-4689. It is a 98, silver, just under 96,000 miles. I dont have a retail price for it yet, cuz its in the shop getting fixed up for sale. If you str interested, move fast, SHO's have this bad habit of getting grabbed by shop techs. I would get it myself, but weddings for ~200 guests aint real cheap.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Tell me this is a joke Jason. I'm on my last thread with you and I'm tired of convincing people that you are not overflowing at the seams with bulls***. If that has been the case all this time, congrats for not only making yourself look like a fool, but also all the people that backed you up. I'm going to break out some prices below (The words in the () are mine):

3.4L Vulcan - (lets say you got 2/10s of that through an overbore - $500.00)
Polished Jason King Intake manifold with polished SVT 65mm throttle body - ($300.00)
polished gt40 45* angle and single stage fogger system - ($600.00)
Ported and polished lower intake manifold (inside and out) - (5 hours with a die-grinder but if you had to pay - $150.00)
Modified stock Hone Extruded Fuel rail with AN fittings - ($150.00 and it's extrude honed if you are referring to the company)
High flow fuel pressure regulator (adjustable) - (12:1 FMU $100 - $150 from anywhere)
50# Injectors - ($270.00 and I can't even imagine ANY sort of N/A motor that would need that much fuel. You'd literally be dumping it in.)
Stage 3 Cylinder heads Oversized intake and exhaust valves with 5 angle valve job, porting on intake, bowl, valve seat, and exhaust port - (Typical rebuilt head, I'm not sure what makes it stage III. Any machine shop can do this work quite competantly - $400.00)
SVO valve springs and titanium retainers - ($120)
Custom ground solid roller cam - ($300)
1.73:1 adjustable rocker arms - ($300)
Re-sleeved block making approximately 15:1 Compression ratio - (Standard machine shop job, covered in the overbore above)
Forged pistons - (If they are one off JE or Wisecos oh about $800.00)
Forged Aluminum Rods -
Forged crank - ($800 - $900)
Custom windage tray with custom crank scraper - ($50.00)

Now lets see... we have a total of $4840 assuming you used new parts. I know better than that. :)

Now I'll toss in my commentary. This appears to be someone yearning for attention. The ad was so obviously posted at such a price that would be out of everyone's reach that there is absolutely no other reason it would be posted.

The existence of this motor is bulls***. Give me some pictures and not some pictures of a standard longblock either Jason; we've all been down that road before.

15:1 compression? :lol2:

You got me pissed off now... No longer will I be defending you. Actually, to be quite honest, I stopped awhile ago. You can only lead the ignorant while they are ignorant. Did you never thing someone would be able to understand your lingo and understand that it is chocked full of holes?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Two more quick things:
1. Amen Mikey. We usually dont agree on things, but AMEN!
2. Just found out that we might get getting another SHO in trade, in additon to the one I talk about above.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.