Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R.i.P my 2000 ford Taurus to day i was coming back from a ride when i hurd a noise like a BAD rattle sounded like crank bearing i did know there was problems with the car due to at idle it skipped and all was over heated so like i was saying i was coming back from a short ride and hurd a noise. got a mile down the road and it died i opened the hood and noticed it was steaming from bank 2 yes i know under the valve cover i have been a mechanic for 15 years and this is new to me but like i said R.I.P taurus

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's not a rust bucket and hasn't been smoked to death, it's still viable for an engine swap in my book!
no it was a rust bucket both rockers passenger floor rear tail light rear breaks ball joint all four struts rear pass spring all needed to be replaced

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
no it was a rust bucket both rockers passenger floor rear tail light rear breaks ball joint all four struts rear pass spring all needed to be replaced
In that case, strip off the good parts and send it to the crusher! From now on, every vehicle I buy will get an undercoat. Living in Utah right now isn't as bad as the East Coast, but just thinking about rust on my 16-year old car makes me nervous.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
R.i.P my 2000 ford Taurus to day i was coming back from a ride when i hurd a noise like a BAD rattle sounded like crank bearing i did know there was problems with the car due to at idle it skipped and all was over heated so like i was saying i was coming back from a short ride and hurd a noise. got a mile down the road and it died i opened the hood and noticed it was steaming from bank 2 yes i know under the valve cover i have been a mechanic for 15 years and this is new to me but like i said R.I.P taurus

Wow. Is Henry Ford rolling in his grave now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts