Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since my parents are in florida, and it got nasty outside, I have been making my sister drive mom's 2007 Fusion SEL awd. I am very glad I made that choice, as are my parents. If she had been in the 01 focus, she probably would have been taken away on a stretcher or possible worse. I was in the focus waiting for her to meet me at a truck stop at I69 and sr28, when she called and said she was in a wreck, and was about 3miles from me, I took off and got there. You could see where the path through the slush was, and the fusion had gone through a fence and smacked a tree with the pass side a pillar. Some training I have had kicked in instantly, I jumped out at the scene and immediately killed the engine as the car had slid sideways over several metal fenceposts. I then checked and made sure there was no fuel leaking, then I tried to calm her and told he to just sit still. Help was on the way. No airbags deployed(this car does have side curtains), and the fuel shutoff never tripped.

Anyways, I call into the sheriffs dept for an eta on a deputy and advise them she was unhurt, just shaken up, and that an off duty emt was on the scene and agreed. I then advised them to start a tow truck headed that way. After the EMT stopped and checked her out, we moved her and waited for the sheriff's deputy to arrive. The deputy I had met before and was very nice about the situation.

He had asked me if the car was AWD and I said yes, I made the statement about how dumb it is of ford to put summer only tires on an awd in this region, and he agreed. Everything got sorted out and the car is now living its last days with us in the barn parked next to the sho and sable awaiting the insurance adjuster to come say its totalled. There is not a single untouched panel on the car, and the heavy impact to the pass side a pillar probably twisted the unibody.

I will upload more pictures later on, but this is it for now.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Deleted due to duplicate thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts