Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my G4.5, which would you recommend, Monroe's Quickstruts for a G3 or KYB Strut-Plus? And for the KYB, which generation? I've heard it's the opposite with KYB, that the G4 struts are stiffer than G3.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I found the quickstruts a bit harsh, I just put a set of kyb's on my 03 and I like them. They can be hard to find, I bought mine through Amazon and got the fee supersaver shipping :)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
For my G4.5, which would you recommend, Monroe's Quickstruts for a G3 or KYB Strut-Plus? And for the KYB, which generation? I've heard it's the opposite with KYB, that the G4 struts are stiffer than G3.
Have you read the threads about the issues members had with Monroe Quickstruts? I wouldn't even consider them. I've been looking at the KYB Strut Plus for my car (as my front struts are about done for), as well as Gabrial Ready Mount struts. What confuses me about the KYB Strut Plus is that those only have a 1 year warranty, where the Twin Tube replacement struts that are not pre-loaded with springs have a lifetime warranty. Makes me reconsider buying pre-loaded struts, and buying the springs seperate. Tirerack.com seems to have the best price I found on the KYB Strut Plus, at $159 per strut assembly for my year Taurus.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makes me reconsider buying pre-loaded struts, and buying the springs seperate. Tirerack.com seems to have the best price I found on the KYB Strut Plus, at $159 per strut assembly for my year Taurus.
I too was weighing this earlier today as well. KYB struts and mounts, sans the springs, came to $368, with SHOSource offering the GB on the new lowering springs for between $200 to $250, it may actually come out cheaper than a set of Strut-Plus', which F&R totaled to $599.

Yeah, I had read about the rattling issue, but I also saw mention of the rattling issue for the Monroe's on other applications and the recommendation was to check the torque on the center nut prior to install. Some people found theirs under-torqued.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The rattling for my QuickStruts ended up being the brand new Ingalls Endlinks installed at the same time. The passenger side went first. My driver's side one is now making racket :\

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
The rattling for my QuickStruts ended up being the brand new Ingalls Endlinks installed at the same time. The passenger side went first. My driver's side one is now making racket :\
If that is the case and you got them from us let us know so we can handle a warranty return.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
If that is the case and you got them from us let us know so we can handle a warranty return.
Oh wow. Well passenger side one is gone (shop changed it, forgot to ask for part back). When I do the driver's one I will contact you. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you read the threads about the issues members had with Monroe Quickstruts? I wouldn't even consider them. I've been looking at the KYB Strut Plus for my car (as my front struts are about done for), as well as Gabrial Ready Mount struts. What confuses me about the KYB Strut Plus is that those only have a 1 year warranty, where the Twin Tube replacement struts that are not pre-loaded with springs have a lifetime warranty. Makes me reconsider buying pre-loaded struts, and buying the springs seperate. Tirerack.com seems to have the best price I found on the KYB Strut Plus, at $159 per strut assembly for my year Taurus.
The coil springs only have a 1 year warranty, so a complete strut/spring is only 1 year

1 - 9 of 9 Posts