Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. 98 Sable GS. 52K miles on it. What maintainence should I do? Should I just wait and pay the $300 for the 60k service? I am fairly mechanical as long I have a general idea of what I'm looking for.

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
change/replace: motor oil, transmission fluid/filter, fuel filter, air filter.
inspect: brakes, accessory belt.

you could also rotate the tires, and decarbon the intake and clean fuel system if you wanted. I cant see it being too bad, though.

what exactly is a 60k for a non-sho taurus? I thought the 60k was a term for adjusting valve lash and replacing timing belt, plugs/wires, among other things. Isn't the first larger service for a vulcan and duratech at 100k?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shop where I go offers a 60k mile checkup service. They do a whole list of things for around $300. They also offer a 30k and a 90k if that helps describe it at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
SparkPlugs (Bosch Platinum) Go a long way in my book. Roll up your sleeves and do it your self. Pick-up one of those chiltons or Haines manuals for your car and read it. Those repair manuals are worth their weight in Gold.

·
Registered
44 Posts
With the Vulcan, I'd also drain/flush/fill the cooling system, mainly because of the issues I have had with my 99 in the last few months.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a product I should flush it with? Also, I live in Florida, what's the best thing to refill with?

I appreciate the feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts