Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I can't find the answer anywhere, even in my Haynes Manual.

How many [actual lighting] light bulbs are in the G4 cluster? My guess was 6 total but I can't seem to find anyway of confirming it without ripping out my cluster lol.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
That's somewhat of a trick question. As I recall there is 5 for general illumination but there are more bulbs if you include high beam, turn signal, ABS, oil, charge, low coolant, engine check ect.

Monsoon

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just going for the "general illumination" part.

@ bylskibomber, do you have the floor shift model or the column one?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c325/beachbum86/00Taurus/DashRemovalCluster/DashnCluster038.jpg

Six is a good guess. The image above doesn't show the light for the PRNDL since floor shift models don't have that area lit up.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/116...-tires/134095-gen-4-dash-cluster-removal.html
That light socket hole was there for the PRN(D)D1 found in the 1996 floor shift cars, otherwise, it is as is regardless if the car is a floor or column shift. That white plastic mold was used on all 96-03 clusters :) You can make out the old connection for the floor shift cars, right next to the large connector for the Instrument cluster on the right hand side of the pic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Before i even took it out to look to see how many there were i ordered 7 bulbs (from superbright LED) just in case so i would have an extra one or two if one burnt out somewhere along the line but they are suppose to have a longer life than regular filament bulbs according to superbright's website.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just replaced mine as well, and as stated there's 5 - So I got a spare! Not all were blown, but I don't feel like tearing my dash apart again anytime soon (That radio was a PITA). Otherwise at least it didn't take too long

As soon as I remember how to shrink a pic I'll change it.....The '97 died from potholes and the rear suspension - At 214k!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.