Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
It sounds ok, but there is a little bit of a woosh type sound, just kind of a hollow slightly ricey sound. I'll bet it sounds better in person. Don't get me wrong, it sounds ok, but I prefer a more European sound, which is a bit more growl, kinda like an Aston Martin type sound.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds ok, but there is a little bit of a woosh type sound, just kind of a hollow slightly ricey sound. I'll bet it sounds better in person. Don't get me wrong, it sounds ok, but I prefer a more European sound, which is a bit more growl, kinda like an Aston Martin type sound.

if youd be kind enough to point me in the direction where a vulcan can sound like that id be happy!

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my vulcan sounds like an m3, but i dont really like that sound....(from the outside, ill make a clip this week) id do the y pipe but really just dont want to shell out $400 for it.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Thats probably true, getting a Vulcan to sound good would be tricky. Thats probably what I'm hearing.

Not really. Being an OHV it's the easiest to make sound good. The real tricky engines to do are DOHC or SOHC which tend too rasp out to easily. They are easy to make sound like rice.

Sounds like any typical Vulcan with a muffler on it. Sounds just like mine with the windows up.

And no. I'm sorry. It doesn't sound anything like an M3.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
My DOHC sounds great, not raspy at all. Its just pure rumble. The stock system on my 'Tec sounded ratty though.

I wish the valve didn't rattle and buzz, but you can't hear the valve at all from inside the vehicle even with the window open.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My tec sounded amazing and I just ordered my Tmobile mytouch that has a 5 mp camera so I'll take a video of my Vulcan. And yes it does sound like an m3 i took the 3rd cat off and ran a 3 in pipe w magnaflow resonator then it goes into stock axle back straight piper 2.25

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
My tec sounded amazing and I just ordered my Tmobile mytouch that has a 5 mp camera so I'll take a video of my Vulcan. And yes it does sound like an m3 i took the 3rd cat off and ran a 3 in pipe w magnaflow resonator then it goes into stock axle back straight piper 2.25
I'd love to Hear/know how you got the DOHC sound out of the OHV Vulcan.

I'm willing to bet it may sound somewhat similar.. but hearing is really believing.

The M3 has a distinct sound when it revs up... The Vulcan sounds like any other OHV engine with an intake plenum the size of a small airport.

Not trying to down you, but it's really hard to believe.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It doesn't sound like a duratec at all sounds really muscly under 3000rpms I personally dont like it it's sounds like a lifted ranger but the high rpm noise is great I'll make a video soon

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
It doesn't sound like a duratec at all sounds really muscly under 3000rpms I personally dont like it it's sounds like a lifted ranger but the high rpm noise is great I'll make a video soon

Didn't say it would sound like a 'Tec. The M3 uses a 4.0L N/A DOHC 32 valve V8... and the sound of it is obviously going to be different because it utilizes multiple throttle bodies, a totally different intake plenum.. VVT and also being 1 liter larger and having 2 extra cylinders.. among other things

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
E36 3.0, 3.2 Or E46 3.2?

Sorry.. when I hear M3 I always think latest model..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts