Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting in the drive-thru for my morning sausage biscuits (a form of passive suicide, I know) the other day, I noticed the idle was surging. Playing with the blend door dial, I realized that my compressor was cycling in the floor/vent position, with the temp dial on hot. I swear it's never done this before. The vent and floor-only settings still don't run the compressor, which is correct.

So am I losing my mind, or is something going squirrely with my A/C controls? '97 BTW.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
According to the wiring diagram, the compressor is engaged in max a/c, norm a/c, floor/vent, floor/def, and defrost. So your car is acting normally, however it sounds like the a/c charge may be low, which is causing the compressor to cycle on and off quickly, making the idle surge.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the wiring diagram, the compressor is engaged in max a/c, norm a/c, floor/vent, floor/def, and defrost. So your car is acting normally, however it sounds like the a/c charge may be low, which is causing the compressor to cycle on and off quickly, making the idle surge.
[/b]
Thanks, so it's my memory breaking and not the car. I'll pull out my gauge tomorrow and check pressures, hopefully though the quick cycle is normal for cold weather.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts