Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 4 Speaker Base Sound System and am trying to upgrade to the 6 Speaker Mach Sound System. If I do the following things will I have the Mach System:

1. Replace the Base Front Door Speakers with the Premium Front Door Speakers

2. Install The Sail Mounted Tweeters in the Sail pods on the front doors

3. Replace The Base RCU unit mounted in the Trunk with The MACH RCU.

Will these 3 steps Give me the MACH sound System? Is the wiring for both the base sound system and the MACH sound system identical including all connectors? Is it a Plug and Play Upgrade or is it as impossible as ford makes it sound?

Has anyone ever done what I attempting and was it successful? I know there was a post about adding the sail mounted tweeters to the tweeter pods, but the post never mentioned anything about upgrading the RCU. If anyone has attempted this and had success with it your input would be greatly appreciated since it's like talking to a brick wall at Ford. Any Information that anyone has on this would be of much help.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Do you already have the Mach equipment that you're planning to install? If not, how are you going to get it? If you're planning on buying the equipment, I would skip the Mach system, especially the speakers and tweets and grab some aftermarket speakers instead, especially if you're going to be replacing everything anyway.

Although I had the Mach system in my car, I'm not really sure what all the differences were between it and the standard system; however, any decent set of aftermarket speakers will blow away the mach speakers as far as sound quality and clarity go.

I'm not saying the uprade isn't worth it, just throwing out what I think is a better option.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by slawson1@Aug 4 2004, 04:51 PM
I have the 4 Speaker Base Sound System and am trying to upgrade to the 6 Speaker Mach Sound System. If I do the following things will I have the Mach System:

1. Replace the Base Front Door Speakers with the Premium Front Door Speakers

2. Install The Sail Mounted Tweeters in the Sail pods on the front doors

3. Replace The Base RCU unit mounted in the Trunk with The MACH RCU.

Will these 3 steps Give me the MACH sound System? Is the wiring for both the base sound system and the MACH sound system identical including all connectors? Is it a Plug and Play Upgrade or is it as impossible as ford makes it sound?

Has anyone ever done what I attempting and was it successful? I know there was a post about adding the sail mounted tweeters to the tweeter pods, but the post never mentioned anything about upgrading the RCU. If anyone has attempted this and had success with it your input would be greatly appreciated since it's like talking to a brick wall at Ford. Any Information that anyone has on this would be of much help.

Thanks
theres a few articles about this if you search.

get the mach rcu and aftermarket speakers.....the only diffrence between the mach speakers and normal ones was they put a low pass filter on the speakers so you would hear more highs from the tweeters.....thats it. So if you wanna go cheap, just get the tweeters and pods from ford....

As for price and part numbers of the mach tweeter posds and tweeters, search the forums, ist there.

Brad

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
It's suppose to have an 80W amp too.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
huh? the mach amp is rated at 200W...the same as if not more than most average aftermarket decks. Althoe in reality, the RMS is slightly lower than an average aftermarket, but still somewhat impressive for stock. If your mocking it you obviously have not herd it or many other stock premium systems.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just get the sail pods and get yourself some good aftermarket stuff. Save yourself some money and get the sail pods from a car in the junk yard.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
I have the MACH System in my SEL and most of my friends swear it's all after market. They always ask what kind of amp, where I mounted it, where I got the sail pod speakers, etc. The MACH system is very loud and very clear.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Aug 5 2004, 09:56 PM
huh? the mach amp is rated at 200W...the same as if not more than most average aftermarket decks. Althoe in reality, the RMS is slightly lower than an average aftermarket, but still somewhat impressive for stock. If your mocking it you obviously have not herd it or many other stock premium systems.
I have to dig something up, I could swear I saw 80W somewhere.....

I'll agree with you and Jeff though, it's a nice system IMO :)

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
The ford car catalogs for 98 and 99 list the mach audio at 80 watts. Put the system in my 01 and am very pleased with it. A definite sound difference over the standard system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts