Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
****Before I go on.. this is not a for sale add. It is up for sale in the correct section. This is strictly a "what would you sell it for" post, which is why I put it up again in the general section.****

So today I got accepted into the local 103 IBEW electircal union school. Because I will be working on job sites, mainly commerical (and in Boston), I decided that a truck would better suit my needs. This means the Taurus needs to go (I'll still be around TCCA though :D ), but I have no clue what to price it at, or work my way to as trade in value. (I will sell it here though if theres enough interest expressed in it). Whats everyone think is a good price?

So, heres the specs:

2000 Ford Taurus, LX
Harvest Gold Clearcoat Metallic
70,000 miles on it
3.0 Vulcan

The Good:
Never been in any accidents that were reported
Serviced every 3k miles with Motorcraft filter, and Valvoline full synthetic SynPower oil
All filters done recently (Air, Cabin, Fuel)
Tranny flush less than 10k ago
Coolant system flushed multiple times
New heater core just done at the beginning of winter
Spark plugs just done
Break pads all done
Optima YellowTop batter put in (250$ battery)

The Bad:
Will need two new tires, but they arent bald. Probably 25% tread life left
Noise in front passenger side (I think its either a pully or bearing)
Normal scratches for milage, as well as some scratches on the driver side rear door, but they arent all that noticable.

Modifications:
Screamin Deamon coil pack (have stock, still works)
Taylor ThnderVolt 8.2mm wires
UDP + Belt (Have stock pulley and belt)
8000k RetroSolutions 55w Digital HID's
35% Tint
LED license plate bulbs
Flowmaster 40 series muffler with stainless tip, 3rd cat/res delete
Debadged trunk (have letters if you want them)
Dynomatted tunk lid (no subs with it though, extra if you want them)
Fog lights (one connection is shaking, 2 min repair (I'd do it if it werent freezing out))
Mesh grill

Also, I will have a dash kit with it, but I'm keeping the radio so you have to get your own. All audio things (inside speakers, tweeters, subs, amp, wiring, radio)
will be removed and put back to stock. As stated above, I will sell the subs (Less than a few months old Kicker CompVR 12's) for an extra 250.

All stock components will be provided with the car.

I will have updated pics as soon as the damn snow goes away. lol

NOTE: Tint not in these pics, Mirror Caps ARE on, only has a Ford, Lou's Custom exhaust, and Kicker decal on it.
But for now:

So, what do you think its worth?

·
Registered
179 Posts
QUOTE (2000Sable @ Mar 4 2009, 08:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705553
$8,750 would be my bid.[/b]
Stop. Just stop, please.

To the OP:

Looks pretty clean, but it's a basic sled at best. You don't mention options, but being an LX I'll assume it has a column shift.

I would ask somewhere around $3,500, but expect to get less. Somewhere between $2,500 and $3,000 would be a fair price. For most buyers, things like the exhaust, UDP and tint will reduce the value.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it has power windows, and yes its column shift.

I can take UDP off, as well as coil pack, HIDs, stickers, etc.

Only things that cant come off are wires and exhaust.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'll buy those rims off ya! Someone on here has them on a G3 and I think they look sexy!

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
QUOTE (Rock Strongo @ Mar 4 2009, 10:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705561
Stop. Just stop, please.

To the OP:

Looks pretty clean, but it's a basic sled at best. You don't mention options, but being an LX I'll assume it has a column shift.

I would ask somewhere around $3,500, but expect to get less. Somewhere between $2,500 and $3,000 would be a fair price. For most buyers, things like the exhaust, UDP and tint will reduce the value.
[/b][/quote]

No sense of humor? Or was the joke that bad?

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (2000Sable @ Mar 4 2009, 09:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705571
Stop. Just stop, please.

To the OP:

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

That was really bad. I was asking seriously. If you dont have anything constructive to say, then dont say it.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
QUOTE (Joeniel @ Mar 4 2009, 10:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705573
QUOTE (2000Sable @ Mar 4 2009, 09:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705571
Stop. Just stop, please.

To the OP:

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

That was really bad. I was asking seriously. If you dont have anything constructive to say, then dont say it.
[/b][/quote]

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/taurus/2000/index.html

$2,612

·
Registered
179 Posts
I can see you have cared well for the car, but remember that it is a 9 year old base model Taurus. Since you only mention PW, I assume it's safe to say it has no power locks or cruise. How about ABS? These might not drastically reduce the value, but the lack of such features will likely make it harder to sell.

I'm sure you wanted to hear that it's worth more, but it's not. How much are you hoping to get?

As a frame of reference, I bought my 2001 SES wagon almost 2 years ago from an estate for less than 5 grand with about 34K miles. It has leather, ABS, keyless entry, CD player and more. It was garage kept and absolutely like new in and out. Even the tires were in good shape. I probably overpaid a little at that, but it was just so clean that I couldn't resist.

I wish you luck with the sale.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (Rock Strongo @ Mar 4 2009, 09:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705577
I can see you have cared well for the car, but remember that it is a 9 year old base model Taurus. Since you only mention PW, I assume it's safe to say it has no power locks or cruise. How about ABS? These might not drastically reduce the value, but the lack of such features will likely make it harder to sell.

I'm sure you wanted to hear that it's worth more, but it's not. How much are you hoping to get?

As a frame of reference, I bought my 2001 SES wagon almost 2 years ago from an estate for less than 5 grand with about 34K miles. It has leather, ABS, keyless entry, CD player and more. It was garage kept and absolutely like new in and out. Even the tires were in good shape. I probably overpaid a little at that, but it was just so clean that I couldn't resist.

I wish you luck with the sale.[/b]
My last reply was in response to 2000Sable, not you. I completely understand what your saying. I was hoping for 3000.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Up in your neck of the woods, I'm guessing in the $3000 and under range. It's obviously well cared for.

·
Registered
179 Posts
QUOTE (Joeniel @ Mar 4 2009, 10:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705588
My last reply was in response to 2000Sable, not you. I completely understand what your saying. I was hoping for 3000.[/b]
No sweat. 3 grand is probably at the top of the range, but not out of the question. I would put it back as close to stock as possible for maximum appeal. Tauruses do not typically appeal to young people and things like audio stickers and tinted windows usually turn off adult buyers.

The best advice I can offer you is to take the bird in the hand. If you can get an offer of $2,500 or better, take it and don't look back.

It's a shame that these cars depreciate so badly, but it's what makes them such a great value to people like me.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Does it have cruise and power locks?

You'd definitely get a few hundred more for it if you de-mod it.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Does anyone know the guy that has those rims on his Taurus? He has a picture of his car in his signiature, it is taken from the rear end along a highway and it is a blue colour G3... He took off the rear badges too...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts