Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe my master window control switch is going out for the rear windows as they do not always respond when initially pressing down. I’d like to replace this with a new one I found online but I read that there’s a chance replacing the control switch panel will reset the auto up/down features. Which will then require a dealer to reprogram. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Taurus Limited
188 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand the big words, but are you talking about replacing the whole driver side window/mirror assembly in the door armrest? If so, while I can't confirm/deny I've disconnected that assembly multiple times over the past 9 years doing various interior/audio stuff and nothing was ever reset. It's a multi-function switch not a computer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if I understand the big words, but are you talking about replacing the whole driver side window/mirror assembly in the door armrest? If so, while I can't confirm/deny I've disconnected that assembly multiple times over the past 9 years doing various interior/audio stuff and nothing was ever reset. It's a multi-function switch not a computer.
Thanks for the response! I’m looking at replacing just the switch panel, not the whole door panel itself. I’ll try to attach a picture of what I found online for instructions. If you’ve had yours unplugged and nothing has been affected I’m probably fine, was just questioning it since the replacement I was going to buy said it’s a possibility it may need reprogrammed.
Font Parallel Screenshot Slope Web page

·
Registered
2013 SEL
486 Posts
I can't imagine there's any electronics in that panel. I've removed it a few times to remove the door panel and it's a pretty simple. Worth a shot. Hopefully, they don't charge you too much for the assembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts