Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Own a 2000 SE with about 70k miles. We rcvd a recall about 3 years ago about the adjust brake pedals. We didnt rcv anything regarding the newest brake switch so I dont know the details. We also dont live at the same/initial address so could have been sent there.

Does anyone know if our 2000se is effected by this recall?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Yeah mine is affected by it, yet i havent received a notice from ford in the mail yet. You dont need a recall notice to have it done, just a recall #. The rest of the information is in the computer at the dealers.

-DC

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
As I posted earlier in the wek my cruise was screwing up and last night we noticed my brake lights were on. This morning my battery was dead.

I took it across the street to BAR W Ford in Dumas Tx and told the service writer about the recall. He said he hadn't heard anything about. I told him I was pretty sure there was a recall on it and basicly had to Flex on him to look it up.

He came back in about two minutes with a service kit for it and said it would take 15 minutes.

Fixed and back on the road after a total of about 30 minutes.

It was a switch and wire harness kit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
How long is a recall in effect for? And what exactly do the TSB's mean? Are those just things that you should look out for, but are not offered as a recall?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by DayOff@Mar 19 2004, 11:28 PM
How long is a recall in effect for? And what exactly do the TSB's mean? Are those just things that you should look out for, but are not offered as a recall?
recalls are good forever i'm pretty sure.my girl has a 94 that she just had recalls fixed on. technical service bulletins. yes pretty much

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
What's this brake switch recall? I know my adjustable pedals were recalled and they fixed that already, but I did have a problem with the brake on-off switch. The switch actually physically cracked in half, so I couldn't get out of park without having to pretty much floor the brake pedal to get enough force to squeeze the 2 halves together enough to connect to release the Park. They fixed it under warranty, but it's done it a few times since.

Is this the recall you are talking about?

-mobiuslogic

·
Registered
48 Posts
The owner notification program for the brake light switch recall will take place later this spring.

Unless you are having specific issues, just be patient.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts