Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was very cold in North East last night (27 degree Celsius) I decided to hit Philly and was driving at high 60s to 80s range.

Today morning I noticed that the Dunlop in the back left tire has lost like 1/2 tire pressure. any one what the heck happened? can cold weather reduce that much tire pressure in one night? I had it refilled and I will wait and see what happens tommorrow. If it goes off again, i guess i have to hit the tire stores again (this is coming after a visit to Sears Auto Center last week 400 dollars to get the brakes done) Arrrgh!!

I am anticipating another 200 dollars to 300 dollars if the tires go off on me. hopefully it doesn't.

EDIT* The funny thing is, the tire is in good condition. So i dont know what happened. Sabotage?? i dont know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
make sure you check that your schrader valves is tight, if that is slightly loose it does cause slow leaks. The schrader valves are the little pin like thing in the filling stem of the tire, they sell a cheap tool that is used to tighten and loosen them. check that, if it still happens, then it is a tire problem. hope this helps.

josh

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I had a loose valve a few weeks ago, first time that has ever happened.
Anyways, I think you loose 1 PSI for every 10 degrees F. temperature drop.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by cable_kid05@Jan 7 2004, 09:15 PM
make sure you check that your schrader valves is tight, if that is slightly loose it does cause slow leaks.  The schrader valves are the little pin like thing in the filling stem of the tire, they sell a cheap tool that is used to tighten and loosen them.  check that, if it still happens, then it is a tire problem. hope this helps.

josh
hey josh,

what are your comments on the Falken tires (I just noticed that you have them.) I was thinking of getting the Continental Contitouring Contact CV95 or Pirelli P7000 series tires (225/55/16). Any comments (positive or negative) on the Falken?

Current tires:
Continental Contitouring AS in the front (NEW) and Dunlop SP Sport A2 Passenger/Performance Tire (OLD) in the back

I want to replace the back tires with Contitouring Contact CV 95 .....so how is Falken in your opinion. My main objective is to gain traction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts