Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys

I have a question on my 92 sable (Gen 2) with a 3.8L engine. The Y-pipe, the exhaust part in between the engine manifold and flexipipe containing the two catalytic converts, has been broken for a while as multiple cracks are found on the Y-pipe (although the CC are just fine). It is very hard for me to locate this part, even from local junk yards. I came across a Y-pipe that came off a 3L taurus (the ford part number is F2B2-5F250-B ). Will this possibly fit my 3.8L engine (the right Y-pipe for my 3.8L should bear a ford part number F2B2-5F250-C) ? Has anyone tried to use the 3L Y-pipe on a 3.8L engine or vise versa ? Your comments on this topic will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I seriously doubt that a y-pipe from a 3.0 woud fit a 3.8. The 3.8 is a LOT wider than a 3.0.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I can get that for you, no problem.

Junk yards would neither have it, nor would they sell it to you if they did. It is illegal both to sell a used converter for reinstallation onto a car or to install it.

My main question would be do you want a new aftermarket or a reconditioned OEM (Reconditioned is not the same as used). I can get it for you either way. The new one has a better warranty and would come with all the gaskets, the reconditioned unit would require you to get your own gaskets.

PM for more information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts