Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a Taurus has a Duratec engine, shouldn't it have the "24v" logo on the side of the car? I may be buying a '02 Taurus used, the dealership says it has the Duratec engine, but there is no logo on the car that says it.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Maybe the previous owner removed the emblems. Most salespeople don't know squat about the cars or what they're equipped with. If in doubt, look under the hood. If the dealer won't let you look, RUN. Go elsewhere.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, I just ran a carfax history report and it says it has a duratec engine...so is it possilbe to remove the 24v logo or have one made without it? Why would someone want it off? <_<

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have teh 24v Tec and it has never had the 24v logo on the body

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Originally posted by TaurusBoy@Oct 20 2004, 11:11 AM
Alright, I just ran a carfax history report and it says it has a duratec engine...so is it possilbe to remove the 24v logo or have one made without it? Why would someone want it off? <_<
Maybe they wanted that clean look. I removed the FFV emblems from my '00 LX.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Originally posted by maceslin@Oct 20 2004, 11:16 AM
I have teh 24v Tec and it has never had the 24v logo on the body
I don't think the '96 or '97s had the 24v emblem on them, I think that started in '98.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
If you feel it necessary to tell everyone that your car has a "24V DOHC" engine, then sure.... I guess they are important.... They serve no other purpose.

The VIN# will always tell a serivce center what engine it has. And looking under the hood never hurt.

The decals can be purchased later. I've seen sets sell on eBay for $10. You can also order them from the dealer.

·
Registered
629 Posts
If it's a Duratec, the VIN's eighth character will be an "S." Just look at the number on the driver's side of the dashboard.

Visually, I believe only Duratec engines have coil packs for each plug.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright, one last question, if I were to purchase the logos, where do they go and what side of the car do they go on?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do they go on both sides or just one? Also did yours come on your car or did you put them on yourself? How will I know exactly where to put them?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts