Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was reading the sticky post for different gen's 3.0L 12v engine swaps. I'm comfortable to the point where is comes to switching the distributor to the gen II engine. I know they have cam syncro. i've never had to change a distributor so i was wondering if anyone would be so kind to give me detailed instructions on how to remove syncro and install the distributor. i have service manual for this car but really no help to me in this case.

THANKS IN ADVANCE :D

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
QUOTE (nick s @ Jul 14 2009, 06:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739449
Hello,
I was reading the sticky post for different gen's 3.0L 12v engine swaps. I'm comfortable to the point where is comes to switching the distributor to the gen II engine. I know they have cam syncro. i've never had to change a distributor so i was wondering if anyone would be so kind to give me detailed instructions on how to remove syncro and install the distributor. i have service manual for this car but really no help to me in this case.

THANKS IN ADVANCE :D[/b]
What exactly are you doing? I am somewhat confused, as far as i knew, all G2's had a distributor except SHO. To remove the distributor there is one 10mm bolt down at the base of the unit that holds it into the engine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS IN ADVANCE :D[/quote]

What exactly are you doing? I am somewhat confused, as far as i knew, all G2's had a distributor except SHO. To remove the distributor there is one 10mm bolt down at the base of the unit that holds it into the engine.
[/quote]

sorry ment gen III.. spun rod bearing in my 94 got a engine from 97 (coil pack) i have. i want to take the distributor out of 94 and put it in 97 engine.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It'll work just fine. I think it was Rudy that swapped a 07 engine into a Gen 2. Just have to line both engines up next to each other and swap things that are different, such as the engine harness, sensors, ect.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (rudedog @ Jul 15 2009, 11:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739611
Nope, 97 engine into 94 car, which uses dizzy.[/b]
on the 97 engine there is a cam syncro you have to remove right?.. then install the distributor off my 94 engine I just wanted some tips on installing a distributor.. anytime ive changed ones i've marked the position it came out and line it up with the new one.. well i wont have any marks on the new engine

so do i put #1 cylinder at TDC on compression stroke and line up the rotor with #1 on the cap?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts