·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
The generations refers to the 4 major different revisions of the Taurus/Sable:

Gen 1 upto 1991
Gen 2 92 - 95
Gen 3 96 - 99
Gen 4 00 and up

The biggest change is between Gens 2 and 3 with the older cars having the boxier shape and the new cars having the rounder shape. FYI the SHO Taurus came out part way through Gen 1 (88, I think) and ran through Gen 3. There is no Gen 4 SHO.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by SableOHC@Jul 28 2004, 01:16 PM
There is no Gen 4 SHO.
YET! :D

One of us will make a bad-ass gen4, and then Ford will steal our idea and finally make a gen4....or not. :) i can still dream

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I'd gladly offer my assistance on that project, would get a kick out of seeing that one attempted :lol2: ;)

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
I like the ideal of a SHO in a G1 LX Wagon

·
Registered
424 Posts
Originally posted by beamout@Jul 28 2004, 06:22 PM
Hey high-tech and other Sable owners, why not build a SHO Sable. Just thought I would make you drool just thinking about that for a minute.
:withstupid:

S

·
0 Posts
Hey high-tech and other Sable owners, why not build a SHO Sable. Just thought I would make you drool just thinking about that for a minute.
Hmm... I would attempt a GEN3 SHABLE-O Project! a 3.4L V8 in my Sable would be awesome. But too much $$$ to try to attempt alone.

<Dream>Maybe Someday!</Dream>

SableSal

S

·
0 Posts
As soon as I finish my 3 current projects then I'll let you guys in on my Gen 4 "SHO" idea.. hahahahaha :lol2: the suspense.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Yeah i've thought/dreamt about that many times before Robert. :love: But like Sal said it's too much money for me to spend and my sable is my daily driver right now. There was a Sable SHO transplant hoax before on cardomain but i don't believe it's ever been done (attempted, or successfully done) on a gen3 sable with the 3.4L V8. In theory it should work though. B)

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Okay here's a good way to figure out which is which. These members have one (or more Tauri)

Bob Gervais-------- Gen I White*
True Blue-----------GenII Steel Green*
Baby SHO----------Gen III Black*
Troper8-------------Gen IV Black

* Denotes that their Taurus is an SHO. There was no SHO for the Fourth Generation.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by gryphon1011@Jul 29 2004, 02:59 PM
Okay here's a good way to figure out which is which. These members have one (or more Tauri)

* Denotes that their Taurus is an SHO. There was no SHO for the Fourth Generation.
it's Emerald Green..

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by gryphon1011@Jul 29 2004, 03:59 PM

Baby SHO doesn't have a real SHO ;) He's a Duratec guy. B)

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225+Jul 29 2004, 05:55 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jason8225 @ Jul 29 2004, 05:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gryphon1011@Jul 29 2004, 03:59 PM

Baby SHO doesn't have a real SHO ;) He's a Duratec guy. B) [/b][/quote]
Thus making it a "baby sho"

:p

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
it's Emerald Green..
Okay, my bad. Since I messed up does that mean that you'll let me keep it for a week so that I can remember what color it is? ;) No, but really sometimes it looks steel green to me.

That's right. Brad's car is not an SHO. He pretty much made his car into one.
mcgilles has a gen III SHO.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
WillieSHOme also has a Gen III SHO.

Actually Willie's probably has the cleanest Silver Gen III I have ever seen. :notworthy:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts