Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Question About The Tecs Secondarys

974 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  modenaf1 
#1 ·
Hey I was wondering if there would be any problems with rigging the secondary s on my duratec to always be open. I would really like to do this so I have more of a power ban off the line and for the sound of all the valves being used.

Thanks!

#4 ·
it dont work for more power that way the secondaries give you that power of the line and on wide open throttle if you take them out you would have the same power as the tec basicly

#6 ·
Stock tuning makes the duratecs UNBELIEVABLY slow when the secondaries are wired open. Even with tuning, it's not much better. The split port duratecs rely heavily on the secondaries being closed to create the low end torque to get the car moving.

Do not do this.

#7 ·
Stock tuning makes the duratecs UNBELIEVABLY slow when the secondaries are wired open. Even with tuning, it's not much better. The split port duratecs rely heavily on the secondaries being closed to create the low end torque to get the car moving.

Do not do this.
[/b]
Agreed I had mine open because my secondaries didnt work. It was mad slow

#8 ·
The reason the secondaries are there is to allow the manifold to be optimized for low and high RPM power. With the design of the intake, wiring these open would completely defeat the purpose and the car will make abysmal power below 3500 rpm as everyone else stated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.