Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock amp in my car (12 watts) but have upgraded the speakers in the front and back from the stock units. I still have the stock radio control unit. When I listen to music on the upper end of the volume scale, especially music that has bass involved, I get static like sounds with the music. Is this from the speakers approaching their limit or the amp maxing out?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Im not sure on that one but your best bet is to replace the radio with an after market one. I have Sony Xplod CD player and Sony Xplod speakers and they sound great

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the stock amp in my car (12 watts) but have upgraded the speakers in the front and back from the stock units. I still have the stock radio control unit. When I listen to music on the upper end of the volume scale, especially music that has bass involved, I get static like sounds with the music. Is this from the speakers approaching their limit or the amp maxing out?

Alrighty with the stock amp as you turn it up higher it will start to decrease the little base you have and bring up the treble even more so you can hear the sound at the increased volume. The amp is hitting its limits. I would suggest getting a Mach amp for your car. It is 80 watts 20 amps a speaker and really makes a world of a difference if you would like to keep the stock look of your car. You can get one form the junkyard for around 25 bucks. It is very worth it, if you want a sound boost and don't want to spend the cash on a system and also want to keep that stock look.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I agree, the Mach system is pretty good. The JBL system is better still, but is harder to find and can actually blow most stock speakers and cheaper aftermarkets.

I would find a Mach unit, may car came with it factory and it sounds great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree, the Mach system is pretty good. The JBL system is better still, but is harder to find and can actually blow most stock speakers and cheaper aftermarkets.

I would find a Mach unit, may car came with it factory and it sounds great.

Okay now I disagree with the better or blowing of any speakers . The JBL unit works by using all the speakers for the mid to high's and the single sub for the bass.

Since bass is only coming out of one 6x9 sub it really is not much bass, especially since it is only coming out of one channel. It is decent with the two front (JBL) Speakers (in the doors)but that's it. Mach produces bass on each speaker, in essence if one of the two is going to blow a speaker it would be the Mach.

Mach is totally the way to go especially because the way it pushes the bass to all the channels especially the rear on both sides. If you can luck out and find a Mach Unit with a JBL sticker that is the best Mach in my opinion, out there. There is just somthing about the JBL Mach that makes it hit much harder and be a bit more crisper. I've compared the two and I have the JBL Mach. It is very hard to find in 97's since they changed from the JBL with the Sub to mach with out the Sub and it is random to find one.

I would suggest Mach over JBL no doubt in my mind, especially if you want to keep your stock look.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just switched to a mach amp this week and installed some new kenwood speakers I got for $40 a pair. The difference in sounds is amazing. Most worthwhile thing I have ever done to my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts