Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i have the climate control set to Panel only, I get the normal vent temperature (as if it's just drawing air from outside)but when i switch to panel and feet, it cools down considerably, somewhere in between the vent temperature and the A/C temperature. Does anyone know if the Panel&Feet setting uses the A/C compressor?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Nope, it doesn't use the compressor. These are what do:

Defrost
Defrost/Floor
Floor/Panel
A/C (Auto for us losers with the Electric :) )
Max

The others are strait vents.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. silvapain's right, and I'm right too, but I thought you had asked if the floor setting uses the compressor and that's what I was responding to. You probably already figured that out, though, huh? :p

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Yes, it actually DOES use the compressor. Mine does the same thing. if you set the selector to "off", turn the temp. dial all the way to cold, and turn the fan all the way up, and turn it to "feet and face" while the car is running, you can feel the engine go under load as the compresor turns on.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Compressor does indeed run. Oddly enough though, the temperature by the feet is slightly warmer than the face vents. Heh, guess the manual is useful after all. :D

It also feels warmer overall because it is pulling in warmer outside air instead of re-circulating the already cooler air inside the car.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by biteableniles@Jul 15 2004, 02:51 PM
Nope, it doesn't use the compressor. These are what do:

Defrost
Defrost/Floor
Floor/Panel
A/C (Auto for us losers with the Electric :) )
Max

The others are strait vents.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. silvapain's right, and I'm right too, but I thought you had asked if the floor setting uses the compressor and that's what I was responding to. You probably already figured that out, though, huh?  :p
Feet and panel would be the same as panel/floor.

I am holding a CC from a Windstar right now. Using an ohmmeter, I can see that it turns on A/C in every position but Off, Floor, and Panel.

My '03 Taurus does the same.

EDIT: I didn't read biteableniles' edit before I posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts