Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at my car the other day, and I saw this knob. Anyone know the function?

Edit: Car is a 1996 Sable with the Duratec 30

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
That is the fuel rail presser schrader valve. Just like a tire schrader valve.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
That is the fuel rail presser schrader valve. Just like a tire schrader valve. [/b]
Yup.

Not a nob, just a cover.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotemain'> That is the fuel rail presser schrader valve. Just like a tire schrader valve. [/b]
Yup.

Not a nob, just a cover.

[/b][/quote]
So it pretty much is just in my head that when i adjust it, my car has faster throttle response?
Edit: It feels like I can turn it and adjust it

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, if I turn the knobs on my tires I can go faster too? [/b]
Yeah, and you will get 500mpg too. I was thinking the loosening of the nozzle might allow more air or less air in, but apparently not.

Also, better throttle response would not necessarily make it go faster

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Unscrew it and look at what's under the valve stem cap.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I was thinking the loosening of the nozzle might allow more air or less air in, but apparently not.

[/b]
Air in your fuel line = Bad. It will make the car stall/misfire all that good junk.

And better throttle response does not equal faster.

<div class='quotemain'> Unscrew it and look at what's under the valve stem cap. [/b]
I will once I get back in town tomorrow, not going to kill me is it? :unsure: :huh:
[/b][/quote]

Nope. Unless you press the shrader, it will spray fuel if its still pressurized.

But it wont stop the engine from working, or blow you up. unless your soaked in gas.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<div class='quotemain'>
I was thinking the loosening of the nozzle might allow more air or less air in, but apparently not.

[/b]
Air in your fuel line = Bad. It will make the car stall/misfire all that good junk.

And better throttle response does not equal faster.

<div class='quotemain'> Unscrew it and look at what's under the valve stem cap. [/b]
I will once I get back in town tomorrow, not going to kill me is it? :unsure: :huh:
[/b][/quote]

Nope. Unless you press the shrader, it will spray fuel if its still pressurized.

But it wont stop the engine from working, or blow you up. unless your soaked in gas. [/b][/quote]
Alrite, thanks. I was not sure whether it was under high pressure or what.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
The cap is just that - a cap. The pressure is held in by the schraeder valve, and it's exactly like the valve in your tire stem. Press the lil stem in the middle, and fuel will spray out, just like letting air out of your tires. As long as you don't press it, nothing will happen.

·
Registered
388 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> That is the fuel rail presser schrader valve. Just like a tire schrader valve. [/b]
Yup.

Not a nob, just a cover.

[/b][/quote]
So it pretty much is just in my head that when i adjust it, my car has faster throttle response?
Edit: It feels like I can turn it and adjust it
[/b][/quote]

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Instant gold ! I say !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts