Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due to replace the camshaft synchronizer again with the chirping. I am well aware of the advice on this forum of only using original Motorcraft parts for this repair. I found on Rock Auto a Motorcraft part with the correct part number. I also found a Motorcraft part with the correct number on Amazon. The Amazon says it is Motorcraft with the correct number but says the country of origin is China. Does Ford and Motorcraft source parts from China??? Unfortunately cannot find the country of origin for the Rock Auto Motorcraft part I would just like to purchase a Motorcraft part with Ford origin. Thanks for any guidance.

Scott

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes, Motorcraft parts are made in China and other countries. Just a few Motorcraft parts I have installed since 2012.

Coil pack (DG535) - China
Blower Motor Resistor (YH1703) - US
Water Pump (PW505) - US - 7 years ago - China now
Spark Plug Wires (WR4112) - Mexico
AC Compressor (YCC212) - US - failed while under warranty replacement was China

Alternator (NGL8446N) for Niece's 07 Explorer - China

I have replaced the camshaft synchronizer but don't remember where it was made. I buy Motorcraft when available regardless of where it's made. Will buy aftermarket parts if Motorcraft is not available.

·
Registered
17 Posts
But why pay $50 for a windshield washer pump when I found a aftermarket unit for $8 -2009 Mercury Mariner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
But why pay $50 for a windshield washer pump when I found a aftermarket unit for $8 -2009 Mercury Mariner
I personally prefer to not buy made in china stuff, which is where the cheap stuff is more likely made. You can probably get away with a cheap windshield washer pump, but for a camshaft synchronizer, I would definitely go for the Ford part.

Sometimes you can get an aftermarket part which is the actual part that Ford sells. On my Ford Focus, the control arms made by MOOG used to be made in USA, they were exactly like the OE ones. Though the MOOG control arms are now made in china. Also, I purchased Denso COP coils for the Focus which were made in USA, I suspect they are the same as the Motorcraft part.
In my experience, Motorcraft parts tend to be made in Mexico, Canada, USA, or some European country, more often than made in China, just my experience. Interestingly, the duratec water pump I got had a "Made in China" sticker, but had "Canada" stamped on the center of the pulley...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am due to replace the camshaft synchronizer again with the chirping. I am well aware of the advice on this forum of only using original Motorcraft parts for this repair. I found on Rock Auto a Motorcraft part with the correct part number. I also found a Motorcraft part with the correct number on Amazon. The Amazon says it is Motorcraft with the correct number but says the country of origin is China. Does Ford and Motorcraft source parts from China??? Unfortunately cannot find the country of origin for the Rock Auto Motorcraft part I would just like to purchase a Motorcraft part with Ford origin. Thanks for any guidance.

Scott
I feel far more comfortable buying parts from R/A than Amazon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts