Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been reading tonight
1----GAZ
does adding atf in the fuel any good ? good cleaner lubrication valve and so on ?

does adding seafoam in gaz thank help cuz when you look at atf and seafoam it not the same viscosity and they both have claimed the same result(atf it people claiming )
as for marvel mystery oil MMO it claim it does the same in gaz as the above
and lucas does the same
wich does what and how and people must have tried some lol
2---OIL
as for the oil section some people love lucas in their oil as additive and protection
but does marvel mystery oil do the same or better
as for atf it may be a good cleaner but i would not run this in my oil since my oil is clean and my pan too lol rod bearing job and regular oil change should be nice and clean
my real question was does lucas or MMO (marvel mystery oil) do offer better protection or better result or lower pressure fix and so on ......

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I wouldn't put anything in the gas or oil as a regular additive.

If you want to clean out the fuel system add a gallon of lacquer thinner to 10 gallons of gas then drive it like you stole it.

If you want to clean out the oil system use 2 treatments of Auto-RX and drive normal over a couple of oil changes. Change the filter every 1500 miles though.

Same thing with oil.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I wouldn't put anything in the gas or oil as a regular additive.

If you want to clean out the fuel system add a gallon of lacquer thinner to 10 gallons of gas then drive it like you stole it.

If you want to clean out the oil system use 2 treatments of Auto-RX and drive normal over a couple of oil changes. Change the filter every 1500 miles though.

Same thing with oil.
Agreed Here. Emphasis on the drive it like you stole it portion. My vulcan loosened up lots after my 2nd tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts