Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, i hate trees, haha. I have damage on the quarterpanel around the gas cap. I'll get you pictures later today. Going to grandparents to use there camera and computer. Ok, hard to explain what it looks like so ill wait till the pic(s) are uploaded. Is there any sorta way to make the dents a bit less, like take the rear tire out and hammer away. Im not looking for perfection, just the bigness taken out. $1500 tab sucks, haha. Ah well, so be it. Any help will be appreciated. Oh, and for n2_space, whats the best way to get rid of scratches.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
If it's not creased up too badly, you can get a suction cup puller from a parts store. Attach the suction cup to the center of the dent, then pull on it and tap around the edges with a rubber mallet. Sometimes just working around the edges with a mallet will pop out the dent somewhat.

·
Registered
145 Posts
A good toilet plunger will work too. LOL. Hey, I am from Alabama. hahaha. But it works the same as the suction cups for the most part.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Originally posted by sfhess@Sep 28 2004, 10:24 AM
If it's not creased up too badly, you can get a suction cup puller from a parts store.  Attach the suction cup to the center of the dent, then pull on it and tap around the edges with a rubber mallet.  Sometimes just working around the edges with a mallet will pop out the dent somewhat.
or else you can hot glue this bad boy to you car and well pops a dent right
:D :D :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
If its not too bad you could either try to use a dent puller of take it in to a shop for dent removal. My brother had hail damage on his car and they charge him $25 a pannel for dent removal. He only payed $50 for the whole car because they only charged him for the really bad panels. Its hardly noticeable. So if its just dented up and not crunpled or cracked or this work.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well you know how the cars side does the wave, with the curve on the side. thats what took the damage around the gas cap. i forgot to stop and get pictures, got distracted. heres the pic of my car domain
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/663000-663999/663090_6_full.jpg' alt='' width='575' height='383' class='attach' />[/url]
see if you can work with that. i heard of the suction thing, but this is more of like dents on a really hard spot than like a dent from a ball in your door.

·
Registered
167 Posts
you have hard crinkles in the panel, you might be able to remove and use a ball pen hammer and anvil to smooth ou t and then som good old Bondo. I personally would hit the junk yard adn see if you can get a "new" panel

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll give it a try, why not. I would get a new quarterpanel, but if anyone has every looked at the quarter panel of a sable, it goes all the way up over the doors and to the gront quarter panel. Thats quite a bit of panel to replace. ill give a go with a good old fashion hammer later on today. have to wait though, we got frost on the ground all ready.
Winter's coming!

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by 96_sab_gs@Sep 29 2004, 08:28 AM
I'll give it a try, why not. I would get a new quarterpanel, but if anyone has every looked at the quarter panel of a sable, it goes all the way up over the doors and to the gront quarter panel. Thats quite a bit of panel to replace. ill give a go with a good old fashion hammer later on today. have to wait though, we got frost on the ground all ready.
Winter's coming!
You can check down Pilgram road, theres a pick and pull type car wreck yard there, they might have a taurus you can pull a panel off of yourself...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts