1997 Ford Taurus; V6 Vin U

U can reply to home base email lf U prefer
kctobyjoe AT comcast DOT Net

Thankx
kc

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
The preferred brand for wires in general is Motorcraft. Maybe Autolites next and Taylors.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Bar none the best wires are Magnacore, but that is a price based decision. I would not rate Taylors anywhere near OEM levels, the amount of EMI they emit is staggering, causes lots or problems with other sensors, many of which you would not think would be related.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The preferred brand for wires in general is Motorcraft. Maybe Autolites next and Taylors.
I'd stick with Motorcraft, too. Over the years, I've used "house" brands of cables on previous vehicles with varying degrees of success and frustration. Ironically, when I had some work done this past winter on my Taurus, the shop gave it a tune up and the invoice indicates Taylor plug wires were used. However, the markings on the plug wires are clearly Motorcraft.

If I recall correctly, Autozone or Advance Auto Parts has the Autolites for $45 or so and the Motorcraft brand for $62. This is for the Duratech engine. The shop that performed my tune up, priced the plug wires at $112 for the set on my invoice. I love buying the right parts and doing my own work - just couldn't at that moment when it was needed.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I used Bosch lifetime wires on mine, and they fit correctly, but you know Motorcraft will always fit correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts