Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK ladies and gents, my tranny has started acting funny when driving through the 40-50 mph range. I have an AX4N tranny on my 1998 Taurus SE. Prior work done to the tranny includes RR Main Control and Oil Pump Shaft removed and replaced, filter changed and refilled with Mercon V. I bought this car in 2002 when it had 84k miles on it, and it's got 96k now. I NEVER neutral drop, I have power braked in it only four times, and I often run it hard cause I like speed.
I read the posts a few days ago about the shuddering a few other ppl have been having with their AX4N trannys and I was wondering if this might be the same thing. Or, do I need to do more investigating as to why it does this? I just can't drop another $1,300 to fix my tranny again (I'm poor student)

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Sure it's the tranny that's shuddering? A shimmying car within a certain band of speeds can also be indicative of bad alignment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I just had it in for an alignment four days ago maybe thinking that was the problem, but alas the vehicle "shudders" while aplying gas in between 40-50. Which makes me think tranny, but I was just wanting to know if others had the same problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts