Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a day or so ago my wifes says the alarm is not working on the car. The theft light is blinking on the dash but the little LED that is above the radio is off and it is usually blinking. The alarm acts like it has no power. Buttons on remote do nothing. It is a avital 2100. I don't see any fuses, busted wires etc. The little light on the remote blinks when you press the lock/unlock button. Car starts and runs fine. Till this I have had no issues at all with it. It is just all of a sudden. I have the manual and read the diagnostics and it all assumes the thing is on..:lol2: Any help is apperciated.

·
Registered
587 Posts
is it blinking in a number of flashes like 5- 4 -3 -2 -1 flashes for each input fault triggered like ignition is 5 blinks etc it may have to have to have the code dismissed. like you wer having a break in and some one activaded some thing and you have to deactivate it. or even more posible you got to complicate of a alarm and the wife triggered it with the ignition switch. this is were i live by the rule of keep it simple stupid or k.i.s.s. read over the owners manual a couple time and figure it out. it mite be some thing stupid like i said.

Avital - Owner's Guide

1 - 2 of 2 Posts