Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to doing this, and it seems to work, I think? I had read on the SHO site, that Paul, (SHOZ123) would accumulate approx 100 ml of oil etc, every 200 miles, more in the summer. I drove 940 miles, and was lucky if there was 100 ml in the bottle! Is oil loss proportional with how much this catchcan traps? Put it this way. I have 3000 miles on my current oil/filter, and might have lost 1/2 quart in that time. Pending that the car has no oil leaks or burning oil, etc, would it be safe to assume that a properly working catchcan should trap that oil? My guess would be that loss of oil would be blowby, and should show up in the catchcan? I have heard that maybe I might put some steel wool in that catchcan, as this quite possibly would trap more? With that in mind, would this create flow issues? I have seen some cars with a setup pretty much like mine, and they say it works like a charm on there vehicles. I am just wondering if it should be trapping more than what it has been doing?

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts