·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Item(s) Purchased: Rear Amp Bracket

Date Purchased: April 2004

Experience: Neutral

Shipping: Fast

Comments: I purchased an amp bracket that pumaboyairn described as a Gen 3 rear amp bracket. He stated that he purchased it from eBay and had seen a picture of it installed in the trunk of a Gen 3. I had never heard of one, but I thought it may be one of the many options that only came out in '96 or with the JBL system. Turns out the amp bracket is for a Gen 2 and cannot fit a Gen 3. I accept fault for not researching the item before purchasing, but I'm disappointed that pumaboyairn made no attempt to rectify his deception (his own word). I have sold to pumaboyairn in the past and was very pleased with the previous transaction. However, this time I wasted $25 on useless junk and disappointed with Aaron Wilkes (pumaboyairn).

UPDATE

Aaron and I have worked out the problem. Aaron repaid me my $25. I appreciate his willingness to rectify the situation. I believe Aaron is a good guy that made a simple mistake.

I would purchase from pumaboyairn again in the future.

-luke

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Item(s) Purchased: Chrome lug nuts, with locking lug nuts

Date Purchased: April 2004

Experience: Negitive

Shipping: Slow

Comments: The item seemed to be in great condition as stated, lug nuts seemed to be barely used. When putting the lock nuts on the car, the end sheered off one. Upon further inspection, the development of rust was the issue on the sheared locking nut, as well as the other 3. They had rusted out from the inside. However, there was another problem. The problem in this situation was the shipping. Cost of item was $15, and shipping was quoted at $15, "due to weight". I wasn't too sure if this was reasonable, yet I took his word for it. I got the package a few weeks later, and the sticker from the USPS said $5.25, the cost of shipping. I figure the bubble wrap envelope was maybe $1.50. Do the math. Happy with the rest of the items, for what its worth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts