Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Pulling out a back seat in a Gen 4 Taurus.

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  sadistic 
#1 ·
I am here to try to find out the best way to be able to take out the back seat so I can install new speakers in the back.

#2 ·
There are 4 bolts that hold in the seat, remove them and lift it up and you will have access to the speakers.

#4 ·
They're behind the folding seats can't miss them. Assuming you have folding seats.

#6 ·
I just did this yesterday:Move the frt. seats forward for more room. Facing the rear, push the seat cushion at the bottom backwards to release the seat and remove from the car. The seat belts just slip thru the slot in the seat.I have folding seats and a spoiler, so if U do, then:Remove the 4 black 1/2 in. bolts at the corners that hold the seat back in place and move the assembly forward. The rear deck has 2 plastic pins that hold it in place that can be removed easiest w/ a pry bar. The rear trim/deck can be lifted up to expose/access the speakers w/o removing the deck. The screws that hold the speakers are 6mm/ 1/4in. Unlatch the electrical connectors after undoing the the screws and swing out the speakers. I bought a set of adapter plugs to install the new speakers so no cutting/ splicing was required and the speakers were same size as OE. Reverse the process to finish the job. You may want to clean up under the back seat - I found a dime and 4 pennies! :)

#10 ·
You push on the bottom part of the seat (push towards the trunk) where your legs swing over either in the middle or on each corner and lift up. Shouldn't be too hard but might take some trial and error to find the proper points to push against.

I was able to change my speakers without removing the bottom seat - just the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.