Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so today I was going to change my Serpentine belt and put in a Goodyear Gatorback to get rid of my squealing problem. I had all the tools laying out and hood open and everything (I was working at my grandpa's house - he has every tool you could ever need B) ) and my uncle came over. While I was in the house doing something, he started on the car just to try to help me out, but he was trying to move the tensioner by prying on it (after loosening it) and he was prying against the PS pulley. Well, the pulley cracked a little. He was prying the edge of it and it just took a little chunk off the edge. I filed down the edges and it's running fine, just so I can get it to the shop tomorrow. But anyways, I was wondering if just the pulley can be replaced or if the entire PS pump assembly must be replaced because it looked like the pulley is pressed on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
if is just on the pulley and not on the piece that the pully mounts on it will be fixable,plus get the right tool for the job, a power steering pully remover not a screw driver

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks - I just want to make sure the shop isn't going to try to tell me I need an entire new pump, which isn't necessary if the pulley can be removed. But I guess it makes sense that it can now that I think about it.

I decided not to take on this job myself, because I just don't want to deal with it and don't really have time to, so I'm just taking it to the shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts