Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am told that the canister kinda thing on the subframe is the PS fluid filter. GEN 3. 96 GL

I wanna change that. Can anyone put up a pic of that.
hope its easy to change.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No pic bro but just look under on the drivers side subframe....some have them and some dont, but you are going to have to change the whole line out because its a pressure line

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by SLO&EAZY@Dec 17 2003, 11:52 AM
No pic bro but just look under on the drivers side subframe....some have them and some dont, but you are going to have to change the whole line out because its a pressure line
I dont think you have to change the whole line, its simply a 20 dollar plastic canister you can get at autozone. Iits attached by 2 hose clamps. Thats it.

-D

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I am not aware of any PS filter from the factory. Maybe someone installed an aftermarket one? I have a magnifine inline but it is after the PS cooler in the return line.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
then what is that cylindrical filter like stuff on the driver side subframe. I guess its mounted on the sub frame? loooks very much like a fuel filter.. only smaller in diameter.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I've seen mine before. It doesn't look like it's designed to be replaced. It has those crimped on band clamps and stuff, and it doesn't have any clips or bolts to loosen around it either.

I think if you REALLY wanted to replace it, you could use an inline transmission filter, cut the rubber hoses, then use regular band clamps to hold it down.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Originally posted by sundarpn@Dec 17 2003, 01:54 PM
then what is that cylindrical filter like stuff on the driver side subframe. I guess its mounted on the sub frame? loooks very much like a fuel filter.. only smaller in diameter.
Did you follow the lines to see where they go? What size are the lines?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by SHOZ123@Dec 17 2003, 01:32 PM
I am not aware of any PS filter from the factory. Maybe someone installed an aftermarket one? I have a magnifine inline but it is after the PS cooler in the return line.
If you look in the haynes manual, they show a pic of the PS filter. It is something the factory puts on, yet I have yet to see one on a duratec. I believe that some vulcans have them.

The filter itself is a little plastic filter (think fuel filter but smaller and plastic), and it is usually located on the PS line near the subframe.

I bought a filter before looking under my car to see if I had one, and it turns out I dont.

If anyone needs/wants one I would be willing to sell it.

-Damon

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by sundarpn@Dec 19 2003, 11:39 PM
can you post revelant pictures? I just wanna check its the same as in my 96 GL.
Sure, ill grab it next time I am home and take a Pic with my digital camera.

-Damon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts