Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry if the pix are a little crappy, these were taken from a picture phone. Lemme know what you think about the car thus far. Those are the RAZZI sideskirts, just in case anyone's wondering. Body kit will be here in 2 weeks (confirmed from Andysautosport.com that the mold was finished Friday).

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no tint yet but when I do, I plan in gettin mirror-fade tint.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Yeah, but from the looks of your avatar your car is extremely plain.

His car is lookin good. keep up the good work.

Btw. Perhaps he hasn't painted it since he hasn't installed the rest of his kit yet. What a waste of time and money to paint one half at a time.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I agree...give the guy a break for not having it painted. At least he doesn't have the trim pieces painted blue either, so it looks like he was going for a white trim on it.

I don't like the exhaust though...that can't sound very good. If I were you, I'd go out and get dual Magnaflows or Flowmasters once you get the kit on there. Get a custom y-pipe made, and rock some real mufflers.

JR

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by Zeptoplix@Aug 21 2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah, but from the looks of your avatar your car is extremely plain.

Actually the car in my avatar is sitting in my driveway rotting. I bought a car that one can actually mod.

Why not wait until he got the whole kit and got it painted before he put it on? Its not like he didn't have stock bumpers.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Actually the car in my avatar is sitting in my driveway rotting. I bought a car that one can actually mod.

Why not wait until he got the whole kit and got it painted before he put it on? Its not like he didn't have stock bumpers.
So what did you buy a wonderful honda and if you have your Taurus Rotting in your driveway what are you doing on this forum?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by 95FORDT@Aug 22 2004, 09:40 AM

So what did you buy a wonderful honda and if you have your Taurus Rotting in your driveway what are you doing on this forum?
Sorry, no Hondas for me. There comes a point when your second tranny breaks from daily driving (not abuse) that you realize that its time to get something else. I drove my Taurus for what it was, a comfortable way to get from point A to B. It's not a fast car, its not top of its class in handling or gas mileage, and its not all that mod friendly and its really not a good looking car. Now I own a Golf with basically no creature comforts (base model, no A/C, no PS, etc) and I've had more fun in that car then I've ever had in my Taurus. I get decent mileage, actually get to shift my own gears, looks somewhat sporty and is just a blast to drive, even if it isnt the fastest car out there.

I think most of you belong in the hypocrite forum, because if I posted a picture of a 4 door Civic with an unpainted kit and a huge exhuast, auto with racing seats, you'd all laugh and call it rice. But this kid has a Taurus, so we can't hurt his feelings. :rolleyes:

By the way, I usually frequent the "Odds and Ends" forum.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, I wish you could hear the car with the fartcan, I believe you'd change your mind. I know I did after buyin the muffler AND havin it installed for a total of $30!

Somebody's gotta problem wit bucket seats? You simply just don't know what you're missin do ya? The best seats I've EVER sat in!

The skirts are painted PEPSI-WHITE. And no I didn't have thoe whole kit painted at once b/c I don't have the rest of it yet. Those sideskirts are ones that everyone seems to hate, from RAZZI.com. Go check out the entire "kit" from RAZZI and you'll know why I didn't get the whole thing. When my C-27 kit gets here next week, the front and rear are bein painted (pepsi-white) and installed as well. I bought the entire C-27 kit so I can test-fit/look to see which sideskirts I like better. And to even-out the pepsi-white look around the whole car, I'll probably be usin the caps that come with the kit. I'll post more pics next week when the kit gets here and after it's installed.

And thanks for all the "rice" comments, it's the look I'm goin for!

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BTW, I thought there was once a discussion about not bein able to call a Taurus "rice" since these are not import cars. I also believe everyone came to terms about callin it "corn" instead. That's just IIRC. Which if this is the case, that's ironic because I have a KoRn decal on my gascap! I didn't show that in any of the pics though since I was concentratin on gettin nice angles on the car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
dude. i personally think your car rocks.. im soo loking forward to getting my where i want it. and dont ever let people go hatin on ya!!
If you like the way it looks, sounds, drives then all the power to ya!

hey 96GL sweet man.. the golf's can be a blast im sure =] R.I.P your taurus, if it served you well it served its purpose =] have fun in the Vdub man!

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Aug 22 2004, 11:07 AM
Guys...keep it civil.  Don't make Adam or teh Bob lock this thread.

JR
or me....

the discussion between you guys about the car being rice and what not is over...now....period.

I am not a fan of the body kits myself, but iI honestly encourage you to continue and think its great your modifiying your taurus.

96GL. Im sorry your taurus **** out on you, it is unfortunate. Im glad your new car suits you better.

I dont want you to leave, please stick around, just keep it polite!

Brad

1 - 20 of 29 Posts