Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got done doing my projector lamp install on my 99 SHO and am happy to report that it is the best purchase I have ever made. I bought a complete kit with the harness, ballast projectors and shrouds and the end result is....well I can finally see to drive at night and really enjoy it. Pics are up on the gallery page under 99 SHO in Germany. Have thought about even starting to sell as a kit for Gen 3 owners as nobody else seems to make them for us.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Looks great!!! Projectors always make a car look aggressive and sexier.

A+!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the comments. Looks like I may be going into Bussiness if this keeps up.....Is there a demand for these??? Tell me if you think so. Somebody has to do it....might as well be me.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yep there's plenty of demand, check out the forums on hidplanet.com there's a sub-forum for requests.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1 If gas was .79c a gallon I might have the extra money for it :p
I wouldnt mind having hid's in the fog light locations. :huh: something to think about....
Why go with hid's when they scatter light, and a projector is so much cleaner, with a nice cut off and not blinding other drivers.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I definitely would like them on my G4, but I'm too much of a do-it-yourself guy to ask someone else to do it. Unless there's a good price. ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Actually mine are the D2S, not the H1's ....basicly the same thing ....and yes make sure and get the complete kit. If you don't you will have headaches. The Morimoto Ballast and the harness are a must to go along with the projectors. Angel eyes are up to you, but they do look good. What year are you planning to retrofit????

·
Registered
610 Posts
Really want to get a set of crystal lenses housings and do a projector retrofit on them. I think that will be a basement project next winter for me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Winter project???? trust me ....it won't take you that long to do them.....I did mine in a matter of hours .....the whole 9 yards. It is well worth the investment if you plan on keeping and enjoying your Taurus

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Does anyone know where a person could find a set of projector headlamp assemblies only. I already have the HID's, but would like to find the projectors for my '97

·
Registered
610 Posts
Winter project???? trust me ....it won't take you that long to do them.....I did mine in a matter of hours .....the whole 9 yards. It is well worth the investment if you plan on keeping and enjoying your Taurus
Winter is when I'm less able to drop money on audio, lol. And I cant this winte because I'm in the middle of setting the car up for the first time for a big stereo. All my cash is going for equipment and supplies at the moment.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Does anyone know where a person could find a set of projector headlamp assemblies only. I already have the HID's, but would like to find the projectors for my '97
Any projector you buy, you will have to buy at least the projector and a new set of bulbs, there is no HID projector that accepts the 9007 bulb type. But The Retrofit Source has a number of OEM projectors, but they will cost more than the Morimoto Mini for the obvious reasons of being OEM and harder to come by.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
To do them pro it really is a good winter project. To paint the lights black correctly takes a few hours at least, and my next retro will be with FX-R projectors and those will take several hours just to fit and align, working on them half a day once a week with busy work schedule for most people will take some time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.