Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This lady I work with has a 94 Taurus GL with a crapped out tranny. She noticed I have a Taurus with one or two "cosmetic" defects, so, she offered me the parts off her car. Anyways.. now she's asked me if I just wanted to buy the whole car. A million plus ideas suddenly rushed into my head. But... above everything else, this would be a parts car for me, incase something else happens to my car. But.. the idea of an extra Taurus and a good friend who's really persuasive and has been drawing pictures of RWD Tauruses all week and donating a garage/workplace if we wanted to work on it sparks my imagination.
So, two questions. If I decided to go through and buy the Taurus for nothing but parts alone.. what would be a good price. It's a '94 GL 3.0 with 74k miles and a bad tranny. And.. my second question, should it become a Project Taurus...? Just wondering.. Project Taurus would probably never be.. but.. is there really anyone who has tried a RWD Taurus or anything? The idea just seems like a good conversation topic. Something fun to talk about for a while, ya know?

G

·
I'd probably get it for a few hundred bucks if she'll do it and make a project car out of it after you strip it of everything you want to fix up your car. :)

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
But.. the idea of an extra Taurus and a good friend who's really persuasive and has been drawing pictures of RWD Tauruses all week and donating a garage/workplace if we wanted to work on it sparks my imagination.
Jzo04---> What tranny did your friend come up with to use? Coinscedintly (sp? sorry) My buddies and I were thinking about your message and thought about Thunderbird, mustang or a ranger set-up... We havn't the slightest on what would match up under a taurie...

Good luck with project Taurus, it seems we all have "one". Newbie Mike

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
As has been said before...you can make a Taurus RWD...if you have the money. I don't mean to dissuade you, because I'd love to see it happen, but I think it's a ton of work and way more money...but please, prove me wrong!

Which engine do you have in your car jzo???

JR

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
but I think it's a ton of work and way more money...but please, prove me wrong!
It would be a ton of work but it doesn't have to cost a tone of money.

just thoughts and opinions

will have to create a hole in the firewall for RWD tranny (not a big deal) unless you want it too look pretty. ;)

bottom line make it work then make it pretty

do it.

hows the body?

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I always wondered if a 89-97 T-bird rear differential/suspension unit would work in an application like this (RWD Taurus). The whole thing is mounted on a cradle that bolts to the car. I saw a guy pull one out in a wrecking yard a while back. Tbird rear suspension looks similar to the Taurus Wagon. Sort of.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by sfhess@Aug 26 2004, 03:53 PM
I always wondered if a 89-97 T-bird rear differential/suspension unit would work in an application like this (RWD Taurus). The whole thing is mounted on a cradle that bolts to the car. I saw a guy pull one out in a wrecking yard a while back. Tbird rear suspension looks similar to the Taurus Wagon. Sort of.
someone posted today about a healey that used a gen2 sho motor...to make it rwd, they used an '87 aerostar bellhousing, and a '94 mustang gt transmission

1 - 7 of 7 Posts