·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that but if I did I would want it to fold up when they shut off. I am still thinking about how I could do that. If anyone has any ideas on how I could do that it would be great. And it needs to be cheap and small.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
its different, but im not sure if i like that. i think the driver/passengers head will hit that, or in case of a side impact, ur head is going into monitor..

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
i know this may sound stupid but where are you getting all of your fiberglass resin, i would much rather have a fiberglass conslole, rather than the wooden one that i'm making?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by JasonBVHS@Oct 10 2004, 08:07 PM
i know this may sound stupid but where are you getting all of your fiberglass resin, i would much rather have a fiberglass conslole, rather than the wooden one that i'm making?
http://www.tapplastics.com/

I was thinking that but if I did I would want it to fold up when they shut off. I am still thinking about how I could do that. If anyone has any ideas on how I could do that it would be great. And it needs to be cheap and small. 
I would use a set of visors from a junkyard, and put a normally closed momentary switch in the end of the visor. wire the switch in-line with the power to the monitor, or run it to a control power line if the monitor has one.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by carraudio@Oct 6 2004, 01:17 AM
Well it's not really cheap but I've seen 7" motorized flip down screen going on ebay for $150 each. It's what I would like to do in the future.

This auction has a cool video showing the screen in action.

Derek

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Looks like Chris hasn't updated this thread in awhile. He ended up making custom frames for them, and mounting them above the headrests. The frams kind of look like scoops that come down and hold the monitors. THey look really nice!

JR

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I forgot that I put this here. I did figure out how to make them motorized now all I ned is someone who can weld and some time to sit down and work it all out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts