Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 sable 3.0liter sedan.
1.The power locks dont work. they dont even make a noise when I press the botton (the lock motors dont even sound like they are trying to work).
2.the horn doesnt work.
3.the power driver seat will not move. no noise or anything.

Im at a lose and wanted some opinions from the ones who know these cars most. And I was wondering if one thing could cause all or some of the problems Im having. Im mainly concerned about the locks and seat.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Check your fuses

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
For the horn, you'll need to test components. Make sure the horn itself works by hot-wiring it. If that works, then check the wiring. If it looks fine under the hood, then it's probably the steering wheel/clock spring (does your cruise control work?).

Does the power lock switch light up with lights are on? Does the pass side switch work? Do the power windows work?

Power seat: check the wiring connector behind the switch and under the seat.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Test your cig lighter, if your cig lighter works and horn doesnt, its the horn. If both dont work, its the one of the circuit breaker fuses under the dash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the horn, you'll need to test components. Make sure the horn itself works by hot-wiring it. If that works, then check the wiring. If it looks fine under the hood, then it's probably the steering wheel/clock spring (does your cruise control work?).

Does the power lock switch light up with lights are on? Does the pass side switch work? Do the power windows work?

[/b]

My cruise does work.

All of the switches light up. Neither of the lock switches. The rear passenger window doesnt work. But the others do (both driver side windows and the front passenger side window).

My cig lighter does work.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

My cruise does work.

All of the switches light up. Neither of the lock switches. The rear passenger window doesnt work. But the others do (both driver side windows and the front passenger side window).

My cig lighter does work.
[/b][/quote]

Looks like its the horn itself then, when my fuse blows, my horn, CC and cig lighter all stop working. doubt its different for a 93, but could be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts