Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 SE, single CD. I'm replacing it using the Scoche kit. I installed it as I thought was correct and now the interior lights and power windows don't work, as well as the new stereo!

So I'm looking for help! Here are my questions:

1. am I supposed to leave the ICP plug in on the trunk unit or not? (the other one plugs into the harness provided with the Scoche kit). the directions don't say what to do with it.

2. Am I supposed to connect the yellow and black wires on the trunk end of the scoche kit to a ground and the yellow / red stripe always-on power wire in the trunk? (I suspect connecting the yellow Scoche wire to this may have caused a short.)

3. Which fuse controls the interior lights and windows? I figure I must have blown a fuse but I don't see any that look blown.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I appreciate the help.

BTW the problem was a blown GEM fuse, which I never did find, my mechanic did. I guess I'm half blind (or more likely, all impatient). I have no idea how it got blown, unless the battery saver somehow caused it (I didn't unhook the battery while running the wires, shame on me)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more question, where do you recommend I connect the orange wire (which controls the kit's dash lighting) - the one they recommend is an always-hot lighter power, obviously not a good choice.

thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more question, where do you recommend I connect the orange wire (which controls the kit's dash lighting) - the one they recommend is an always-hot lighter power, obviously not a good choice.

thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
you used the always-hot lighter power wire, IT IS A LIGHT BLUE W/ WHITE STRIPE WIRE. your supposed to use the ashtray light wire. IT IS DARK BLUE W/WHITE STRIPE. Its hard to get to, you have to get your head up in under the dash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts