Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has a 98 taurus and she has a power adjusted seats. Well, about a month ago, whenever she tries to move her seat forwards or backwards, the seat jolts crazy. I havent checked it out yet, but she swears there isnt anything under there. Anyone else had any problems with power adjustable seats.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@May 10 2004, 07:13 PM
I've never had a problem with the power seats.... but maybe the motor is going out..?

Why is there a need to adjust the seat all the time anyway?!
He's probably 6'3" and she's 5'2".... me and my girlfriend go through this all the time. She moves it all the way up and forward, then when I drive I have to move it all the way down and back, then all the mirrors are jacked up too.... The rearview is pointing at my crotch..... My next car will have memory seats!!!!!

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
My next car will have memory seats!!
Amen to that ! Same situation with my Taurus when the wife uses it and Im not that tall . I almost tied myself into a pretzel sqeezing in the other day. In regards to the seat It seems something might be blocking the tracks the seat move on like a pebble jamming in and out.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Occasionally the power seats act up ion my Taurus.

this occurs mostly in hot weather. Does this sound familiar?

Mine just wuit working , the front/back switch. Motors getting weak.

Course mine used to be a company car, meaning some 300 pound lardo used it and the motors can only handle so much.
I assume your GF is not 300 LBS, so it is just the power seats acting wierd, is it intermittent?

If nothing else, make sure the plugs are secure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well last night the seat has died for good. It wont move back or forward, so it is definatly the seat motor. Gunna ahve to call a junkyard bought getting one, anyone ever have to install orreplace there's before??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts