Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, everyone. The trunk-mounted factory CD player in my mom's Gen 3 has been having problems for awhile now... hopefully someone will have some ideas on the cause and a possible solution. I've been looking through the archives for something related to this and haven't found anything yet.

The description of the problem is actually pretty simple. Whenever there is a CD playing in the changer, there is a continuout popping and clicking noise that filters through the speakers during playback. It happens with all types of CDs and in all of the CD changer slots.

Dirty or dusty pickup lens? Internal changer problem? I figured I'd ask around here to see if anyone else had had this problem before I dug the changer out of the trunk and cracked it open for inspection.

·
Registered
34 Posts
is it in one speaker or all of them? u can get aftermarket 6 disc changers for the g3 taurus i think for about $200 if u would wanna try replacing it.

X

·
0 Posts
You can get a lens cleaner cd from some shops. Might want to try that.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
try the lens cleaner... also verify all the wiring. a loose connection somewhere between the changer and the RCU could cause that problem.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
I have a gen 4 cd changer for sale in the for sale forum..if all else fails...
check it out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts