Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I know this is really off topic from car repair, but i couldn't find a better section to put it in. I have a problem with my service DVD. It's the golden colored 1996-1999 DVD. I got it a couple of years ago from a friend who wasn't using it anymore, and haven't really used it until i got my other car. It installed good and runs perfectly on Windows 7 32-bit, but i cannot access anything in the wiring diagrams section. Either it gives me an Internet Explorer script error, or it says the requested file was not found. If anybody has had this problem and fixed it, your advice would be appreciated.

P.S: Admins, please move this to the right section ;).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Hey all. I know this is really off topic from car repair, but i couldn't find a better section to put it in. I have a problem with my service DVD. It's the golden colored 1996-1999 DVD. I got it a couple of years ago from a friend who wasn't using it anymore, and haven't really used it until i got my other car. It installed good and runs perfectly on Windows 7 32-bit, but i cannot access anything in the wiring diagrams section. Either it gives me an Internet Explorer script error, or it says the requested file was not found. If anybody has had this problem and fixed it, your advice would be appreciated.

P.S: Admins, please move this to the right section ;).
It is an issue with how the databases are set up for older Windows versions. I've been dealing with this issue for several years and have not found a fix. :(

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Another reason I jumped ship to Windows 7...got rid of that error!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is an issue with how the databases are set up for older Windows versions. I've been dealing with this issue for several years and have not found a fix. :(
what version of windows would this have been made for? i am using virtual pc to emulate each version of windows, and xp, 2000, and 98 have been crossed off the list. they all gave the same error! if i know the exact version it was made for, maybe i can get it to work through emulation. thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
There should be a folder on the actual CD containing the wiring diagrams, which are PDFs. You should be able to copy this folder to a location somewhere on your harddrive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts