Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have some trouble starting the car, I own a 95 Mercury Sable Stationwagon (3.0 engine), and it seems to me that the priming stage before starting the car is flooding the engine with fuel, I say so because I can hear that the fuel pump doesn't stop after priming the engine for starting, and keeps going on and on, my primary assumption is that I might have got a defective fuel pump relay, or maybe a defective fuel pump. Besides if I let the car sit for a while, it will start at first, but after running for a couple minutes, it will die completely, I tought at first that it could be a problem with the ignition, which seems to work ok, but what leads me to think about the fuel pump and the fuel pump relay is the gas smell and the pump not stopping priming the engine, any help or advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance guys! :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
hi
you may want to check the pressure regulator, it sits on the fuel rail.
This would be my starting guess also. Sounds like it's leaking down when sitting and not doing its job while running. Can you rent or buy a fuel pressure tester from a parts store to see if that is the problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts