Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to open my hood this morning on my 2005 Taurus SE. I pulled the hood release and heard the usual sound it makes when it opens, but when I went to the front of the car to open it, nothing had changed. Now I can pull on the hood release, but I do not hear it operating. I can get to the second release (not the in cab release) and tried releasing it, but that did not open the car either. Any ideas on how to get under the hood?

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
More then likely you'll have to get it to open from under the car and reaching up. It would be a good idea to do this when then engine is not hot to prevent possibility of burning yourself. Other then that, there really is no other way.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Pound on the rear drivers side corner of the hood. It may pop up. Then if it does be sure to lube the latch.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I had to replace the hood latch cable on my current car due to it breaking. It's a complete bitch just so that you know. You have to remove the emergency brake cable to get to the stupid thing to change it. You can still open the hood like stated earlier by reaching up from under the car and manually pushing the unlock lever. If you don't have long arms and a COLD engine car don't bother.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts