Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Looking for a 1996- 1999 Yamaha 3.4 SHO Motor would prefer a working one but will take one with a cam failure, mine has started to suffer from multiple oil leaks and is in need of a dire rebuild and i would like to have a spare motor on hand for this process

Pics, Details on motor (mileage, if has a cam or other failure) and asking price would be great

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
QUOTE (lichring @ May 4 2009, 07:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=722916
I am Looking for a 1996- 1999 Yamaha 3.4 SHO Motor would prefer a working one but will take one with a cam failure, mine has started to suffer from multiple oil leaks and is in need of a dire rebuild and i would like to have a spare motor on hand for this process

Pics, Details on motor (mileage, if has a cam or other failure) and asking price would be great[/b]
Local yard had one a few days ago... Probably in the $300 range, but the front valve cover was busted due to the front end smack. 104k miles. Sure looked like it was running upon inpact. In Denver

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Since you're in eastern Canada, I'd give NorthEast SHO a call. They're in Massachusetts, but that's closer than Denver, and Kirk always has motors laying around.

JR

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just spoke to my local mechanic the car has 2 leaks CenterDome (Plenum/HeadGaskets) and Front Camshaft and the pulley and belt

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
QUOTE (lichring @ May 5 2009, 01:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723040
Just spoke to my local mechanic the car has 2 leaks CenterDome (Plenum/HeadGaskets) and Front Camshaft and the pulley and belt[/b]
Camshaft seal is dirt cheap at NAPA. Center Dome? huh? You mean the PCV Baffle between the heads? I'm not sure what you mean.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Zenriddles @ May 5 2009, 06:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723091
QUOTE (lichring @ May 5 2009, 01:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723040
Just spoke to my local mechanic the car has 2 leaks CenterDome (Plenum/HeadGaskets) and Front Camshaft and the pulley and belt[/b]
Camshaft seal is dirt cheap at NAPA. Center Dome? huh? You mean the PCV Baffle between the heads? I'm not sure what you mean.
[/b][/quote]

its what a British Mech calls it, the lower intake i think

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Local yard had one a few days ago... Probably in the $300 range, but the front valve cover was busted due to the front end smack. 104k miles. Sure looked like it was running upon inpact. In Denver

Hey 00tec-saTX is this car youre talking about a green 96 with tan interior?

Back on topic: if you have a cam seal leak and lower intake manifold leaks thats nothing serious; that can be fixed in like 3 hours with a new cam seal and cheap spray paint for the metal gaskets on the lower intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts