1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
The rumor I heard about that engine is that it made the Taurus faster than the Mustang, so Ford ordered for it to be detuned. Now, this doesn't sound very likely, and UTI students who constantly hate on the Taurus aren't very reliable sources of information.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
More likely (and this is the generally held belief) is that the engine was pushing about 300BHp and the trannys couldn't handle it. There is also a general feeling among the V8 owners that the hood wouldn't be able to clear the pre-production intake.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somedude, you picture is way better than mine. My bad guys.......

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
More likely (and this is the generally held belief) is that the engine was pushing about 300BHp and the trannys couldn't handle it. There is also a general feeling among the V8 owners that the hood wouldn't be able to clear the pre-production intake.
[/b]
If the cheap bastards had built a better tranny then there wouldn't be a problem. :glare:

If the hood couldn't clear the intake, couldn't they have just fabricated a modified hood that could clear it?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Notice how the inner cylinders don't have the longer runners. The thing would be near untunable.
[/b]
I noticed that, too. Doesn't strike me as a good thing to have different runners for the inner cyls than the outer cyls. Crazy I say!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts