Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Ford Mustang. 2005 Harley Deluxe. 2016 Freightliber Cascadia.
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I bought my parts car. I'm in the proccess of swapping over the upgraded interior and such, already done the door panels. I look in the trunk and there is what appears to be a stock amp sitting there for the premium sound system. I wouldn't mind putting it over into my blue car, but how do I hook it all up? I already swapped in the front door speakers and and ran speaker wire so I can hook those up. I have an aftermarket Sony deck, with 4 channel outs, plus 1 pair of RCA outs. The RCA outs go into the big amp in the trunk for the subs. I don't have enough power wire and such to run off the other 4 channels of the big amp, it requires some HUGE a** wire, about 400 bucks worth of power wire alone to run it at full like that. So I'd like to hook up that little amp. Also, does it just power the rear speakers or what? Any help would be appreciated. Also how do I remove the back seat from my Gen1? I need to swap it out too. I can't find the bolts and the manual isn't helping as there is no info for it.

Michael

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dont know much about the primium sound, but when i just got my gen 2 the back seat wasnt attached well, I just hit it at the endge to push it back towards the trunk and it clicked into place. On gen 2 its help on by little clips. Wouldnt be surprised if it was the same on gen 1. Try pushing it towards the front of the car and away from the backrest of the rear seat.

·
Registered
2001 Ford Mustang. 2005 Harley Deluxe. 2016 Freightliber Cascadia.
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got the back seats taken care of. Damn what a b****. Especially getting the lower rear bench back on. I had to brace and bend the hell out of it. I suppose on the bright side I won't have to worry abuot it sliding off with my passengers in there, which I tend to carry alot of when working. Still curious about that amp though.

Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts