Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. i haven't been online in a couple days cause my dad was involved in a major accident on friday morning. he was at a job site and went out to the work trailor to get nails. when he stepped off the trailor he heard a loud crash and when he turned to look the car was already inches from him and hit him. what happened was, they were on a 25 mile an hour road, right after a curve, and some drunk crackhead (he was drunk and on crack) came barreling around the curve at about 75 miles an hour. (the police predicted the speed after the accident..with all the physics stuff they have to do).. as the guy went around the corner, he clipped some other guys huge trailor (something..whatever it was.. he knocked it right off its axle).. and when he clipped the corner of that his car flew across the street where my dad was.. hit him and pinned him between his big chrome bumper and the huge metal/steel job trailor. the trailor than flew over 50ft across the road (after spinning in a complete circle) and hit my brothers and my dads trucks. the guy jumped out of the car and took off running. some landscapers at a house next door ran after him and beat him with 2 x 4's and metal pipes. the cops got the guy. they actually knew him cause his rap sheet was like a mile long. he was 43 with no license or insurance and the town crackhead and drunk. he is in jail right now with no bond, facing 15 years. my brother had to witness the whole thing. he is going through it right now. i feel so bad for him. my dad went to the hospital and was in surgery right when he got there for like 9 hours. both his legs were mangled. nothing in the upper body was damaged. i don't know how he even lived. God saved him. he should be dead gettin hit at 70-75 miles an hour. (no brake marks on ground either).. anyway, his main artery and nerve and a lot of the muscles in the one leg was just too damaged. it lost blood flow and now he can't feel his lower leg and foot. he has to get it amputated. the other leg is severely damaged too. but he won't lose that one. both legs are open wounds, meaning the bones are all broke and sticking out of the legs. (don't mean to gross anyone out) its gonna take at least 2 years for the one leg to heal. he's got a long long road ahead of him. i've been at the hospital since friday morning. only coming home to sleep at night. its sooo hard for me to see my dad in so much pain. i can't take it anymore. he looks so bad. you can tell that he is in so much pain. and it breaks my heart. he needs a lot of prayers. even if u don't believe in God, please pray for him. i'm hoping that a miracle will happen and he won't lose his one leg. i thank God that he is alive though, i guess thats all that matters right now. please pray for him. his name is Edward. thanks..

edit: also i forgot to add that he is gonna be in the hospital for at least 10 days. i just hope he's home for christmas.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
That's insane
He'll have my thoughts and wishes, and I hope both him and you pull through ok..life changing is better than life ending

M

·
0 Posts
he's in my prayers....best of luck to him. i'm sorry that had to happen to him and your family. All of u are in my prayers.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Wow. I am so sorry, DR.

Absolutely will I pray for him and your family. If you need anything at all, please ask. I (and everyone else here, I'm sure) will do anything to help in your family's time of need.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by eCarâ„¢@Dec 14 2003, 11:13 PM
Wow. I am so sorry, DR.

Absolutely will I pray for him and your family. If you need anything at all, please ask. I (and everyone else here, I'm sure) will do anything to help in your families time of need.
thank you. i'm ok right now. i was being strong at the beggining, but i'm starting to lose it. i can't bear the way my dad looks. the pain i can see in his face every second. its so sad. i never thought in a million years i would have to go through something like this. my dad is the nicest guy on the earth. he does anything for anyone and everyone. he just started building his house up north. was suppossed to finish the roof this past weekend. such a lowlife scum does this to such a kind person. but i know it was Gods will so i can't get upset that much about it. i'll get through. its just seeing him in so much pain.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm truely sorry to hear that DR.
It breaks my heart to hear something as bad as this happen. I know exactly what you mean by hating seeing him like that. My dad had a massive stroke a few years ago and it killed me to go see him like he was. He pulled through it though and so will your dad. Best of luck to you all. You're all in my prayers.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sarah,

Times like these can make one feel like the world is coming down on them. If you need to loose it, then find a place and go ahead and do it in private, don't hold all your emotions in. You dad and your family need you now.

It's time to ask God to take care of your dad, and the rest of your family. Don't be afraid to ask for help, or talk of you need to.

You, your dad, and your family are in my prayers.

God Bless,

Jay

·
Registered
44 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to your father and your family DR. I hope he is able to come home for Christmas to be with his family. Take Care and God Bless

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you so much everyone. i'll tell him tommorrow when i go up to the hospital that the taurus car club is praying for him. that'll give him a laugh. (not at you guys, but at the fact that i always have car parts being delivered to his house and stuff..he thinks its funny). so that will brighten him up for a few minutes.

·
Registered
559 Posts
hey if you need any help with any thing let us know. I'll come up
help if you need me to. I have no prob doing any thing to help
a fellow christion or tcca member when I can

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm almost good at fixing stuff and good a fixing cars and I'm a good baby
sitter well I should be good since there are 11 kids in my family

·