Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all 4 of my power windows arent working, i have checked all of the fuses that it could possibly be and im sure its getting power but i can hear the clicking of what i believe is the relay, when i try to open my windows. the clicking is under the the dash on the drivers side, right behind the passenger compartment fuse box, does anyone have an idea on what it could be?

·
Registered
833 Posts
So none of the windows work from any of the switches? Check the driver's door jamb for a broken wire, just pull the boot back and check em all. If they're all good, go to a junkyard and pull the master switch assembly out of a taurus. btw, as long as long as the windows are all closed you should be able to pass inspection. at least in mass anyway, I've done inspections for the past 4 years.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (goodbrosUIT @ May 24 2010, 10:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806675
So none of the windows work from any of the switches? Check the driver's door jamb for a broken wire, just pull the boot back and check em all. If they're all good, go to a junkyard and pull the master switch assembly out of a taurus. btw, as long as long as the windows are all closed you should be able to pass inspection. at least in mass anyway, I've done inspections for the past 4 years.[/b]
alright ill give it a try, i checked most of the wires but couldnt really find anything. if not ill do what you said with the master switch assembly. btw thats good news about inspection, they are all closed, so hopefully if worse comes to worse, ill still pass

1 - 4 of 4 Posts