Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Randomly, one of my power windows will not work with the controls. This will go on for a while. Then randomly it will work again. Not sure what is going on with this. Any suggestions on what to do?

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Randomly, one of my power windows will not work with the controls. This will go on for a while. Then randomly it will work again. Not sure what is going on with this. Any suggestions on what to do?
Just on one door? Does it start working again if you slam the door really hard a few times? Does it start working again with weather changes? I'm thinking the window motor needs to be replaced. It could also be a loose harness or wire in the door or something, but that sounds like a bad window motor to me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just on one door? Does it start working again if you slam the door really hard a few times? Does it start working again with weather changes? I'm thinking the window motor needs to be replaced. It could also be a loose harness or wire in the door or something, but that sounds like a bad window motor to me.
It happens on pretty much every door, except then left front door. It happens in the summer, winter, all the time, there's been no pattern to it that I can think of. When they come back to working, they work perfectly fine, so I don't think it's the motor, otherwise they wouldn't work as well when it came back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts